This is a very good hotel. You'll find better, but they do everything well - just nothing is amazing.
* Rooms - Large, very comfortable, and well-maintained. It just looks like everything was installed sometime around 1998 (except the TVs are new, I'll give them that). No complaints, but you won't walk in and go "wow".
* Pools - The adult pool is fabulous, beautiful, and quiet. The other pools are... ok. Nothing wrong with them, but I generally think the reviews are a little generous. However, all the water at each pool is crystal clear. I don't know where this TripAdvisor "murky water" rumor started, but it's simply not true.
* Food - We ate by the pool a couple times, it's simple but good American food. The Regency Club breakfast was good, but the snacks and desserts were just plain weird. In hindsight, I wish we had saved the money and simply made a trip to a local grocery store to load up on breakfast items.
* Service - Everyone is quite friendly and eager to help. A+
* Spa - GORGEOUS. Again, I don't understand some of the lukewarm reviews of the facility. It's not particularly large, but it's extremely relaxing and well appointed. The massages we received were great as well.
* Location - Huge fan. In the eyes of this tourist, greater Palm Springs is really divided into two areas along a 20 mi stretch. This hotel is in the very appealing Indian Wells / Palm Desert area. It's almost entirely big resorts, golf clubs, restaurants, and shopping, with some of the basics for the locals thrown in. The area closer to Palm Springs proper? Meh. It's a 25 min drive away and frankly kind of depressing when you enter downtown Palm Springs. No need to make the trek.
While not blown away, I'd definitely stay here again if returning to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa is a renowned Indian Wells resort situated on a 45-acre desert oasis. We offer delightful Indian Wells, California resort activities to occupy your days of leisure in whatever way pleases you the most. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Grand Champions Resort, Villas Hotel Indian Wells
- Hyatt Indian Wells
- Indian Wells Hyatt