WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Huntington Beach, California, USA
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed there and everyone was extremely nice and went out of their way to make our trip wonderful. Beautiful place with great food, nice pools and very comfortable beds. Everyone in the family loved it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chad S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

It was all excellent except for one thing - the shower. Not hot enough, and low water pressure. I couldn't get the hot water to come on...you have to put the dial in the center if you want hot water, not on the far right or the far left. For some reason I couldn't figure that out. The room was great (love the step-down living room) and I was given access to the VIP lounge without even asking for it or paying for it. The staff were all extremely friendly. Every single one I encountered, even in passing, was so nice. I don't think I've ever been to a nicer hotel. It's not a cheap hotel and it's definitely one of the nicer Hyatts (I've stayed in many Hyatts that were not very nice.) Hopefully I'll have occasion to go back there again sometime.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ServiceManager44600, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear LEON,

Thank you for your praise of our friendly staff. We think they are pretty terrific, too! I apologize for any difficulty with your shower controls and would love to have the opportunity to inspect that room fully with our engineering team to have it corrected. Plesae email me at champquality@hyatt.com if you have a chance so I can reference your "real name" or room number.
Wow- lucky you for getting the Regency Club without a charge! That wouldn't typically be our business goal but I hope you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Indian Wells and we hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here to celebrate the first birthday for my little boy with husband.
Here Hyatt regency Indian wells resort was awesome.
Clean,friendly,nice amenities,etc. I like this place a lot.i definitely come back whenever I visit Palm Springs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my first trip to Palm Springs and I have to compliment the Hyatt Indian Wells - this is an absolutely beautiful property with lovely grounds, pool area, spa, and gym. Everything is clean and well maintained. In addition, the service, from front desk to valet to just about everyone, including the store in the lobby was great. Everyone was very friendly, personable, and helpful.

That being said, the most irritating part of the stay was the extras. In addition to our standard nightly rate ($161) plus taxes ($26), there was a daily resort fee ($23) plus parking (ranges from self $10 to valet $25/night). On top of the resort fee, they also charge a daily spa fee to use the spa facilities or to take classes at the gym ($20). In essence, our $186 rate increased to $240, which is fine, but I'd rather just pay one fee that includes everything. This approach was annoying, especially given the charge of a resort fee and a spa fee, which feels unnecessary.

Unfortunately, while the service, grounds, and staff was great, the value was not, given all of the extras, which should have been communicated when I was making the reservation. I definitely recommend this hotel, just be prepared for the extras.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank NYC425
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were guests for 10 nights at this Resort. It was fantastic! From the time we checked in to the time we checked out we had first rate service. What a team they are. They made you feel very welcome and would do just about anything for you. The room, we had a penthouse suite, was immpecably clean, spacious and up to date. The master bathroom was huge. We enjoyed an extra large closet, double sinks with plenty of counter space, a large bathtub with separate shower and a separate toilet area. The beds were comfortable with many feather pillows piled on. If you are not a fan of feather pillows, my husband is not, they will bring you foam pillows. My son had forgotten his laptop charger and they brought an entire box of assorted chargers to us to pick one that would work. The service is phenomenal. If the room wasn't enough to impress you the service certainly was! We had access to the Regency Club and the food and service there were outstanding. The staff here are well trained and very professional. All in all this is a must stay if you are in the area. I highly recommend the Hyatt at this location and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The 5th floor because the Regency Room adds so much to your stay!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I made last minute reservations after checking in at the Hyatt Palm Springs and finding that that hotel was not what we had hoped. We made the right choice in going to the Hyatt at Indian Wells. From the moment the staff at the Hyatt Indian Wells picked up the phone (we called the hotel directly vs. central reservations) until the bell desk loaded up our rental car and we drove away, the service was outstanding. Everyone we encountered was very friendly, very helpful and truly made us feel relaxed and at home.

Our room was very nice, very clean and very quiet. The bed, including the pillows, was comfortable. The pools are great. We were delighted to find that they had an adults only pool (a must at any resort, in my opinion). The staff were kind enough to give us a nice price on the rental of a cabana since we were there celebrating our anniversary. The service at the pool was excellent - the staff was very attentive and friendly.

As for food, we ate at the hotel restaurant one night. The food was very good. We ordered breakfast via room service and it was also very good food.

The hotel is located near El Paseo which has some great restaurants and good shopping. Definitely worth checking out. Of course, the area is a great location for golf as well as desert hiking. We particularly enjoyed our latest visit to Joshua Tree National Park.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a golf course view which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just complete a week stay. Let me start by saying that the quality of the facility is outstanding as is the service. The grounds are impeccable and the staff fawns over its guests so it gets high points for that. Now here are the complaints, one major and the other two minor.

My major complaint is the temp of the adult pool water. It is FREEZING to the point that there is rarely anyone in it. My guess is that this is intentionally to avoid overcrowding in the water since the pool is small. But we came to be in the desert and relax in the pool not just next to it. Between my wife and I we did not spend 5 minutes combined in the water and we were not alone. Most people had the same complaint.

The other issues had to do with our room. We stayed in a one bedroom casita and the bathroom fan sounded like an old 1970 pickup truck. Also the shower head was awful, a $15 unit from Home Depot. I get being thrifty but in a $500/nt room? Come on guys, you can do better than that.

• Stayed October 2013
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
#2 of 8 in Rancho Mirage

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!