“Tranquility and Relaxation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brampton, Canada
“Tranquility and Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recently stayed four nights at the Hyatt in Indian Wells and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our room was nice and very clean. Staff were very friendly always greeting you with a smile. Food was good and well presented although the small gift shop was limited and quite expensive. The location was excellent and easy to find. The most enjoyable aspect of the trip was of course the weather and the pool facilities. There are, I believe, seven pools with ample lounge chairs and one can always find a quiet or shady area to relax. I also had the opportunity to play one of the outstanding golf courses which I thoroughly enjoyed.
All in all My wife and I had an enjoyable stay at the Hyaatt in Indian Wells. We only wish it wasn't so far and took so long to get to from Toronto.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ServiceManager44600, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Royorourke-

Thank you so much for choosing Hyatt Regency Indian Wells for your Fall getaway! I love that your overriding theme for your review is "tranquility and relaxation", it's just what we hope to provide for our guests. There are pro's and con's to being so far from Toronto- you can always find sunshine here and next time we hope you can find a way to stay even longer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Korean first
Ashland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Indian Wells is gorgeous and the Hyatt's property takes advantage of the beautiful mountains and desertscape in the area. The location is equally good for going into La Quinta or the to the fantastic shops and restaurants on El Paseo--about a 5-7 min drive. Really convenient for the big tennis tournament in March. The hotel itself is nice. Feels like it could be great but is missing something that would put it in the great category. I would say the service is pretty good overall, with a few individuals being extremely helpful and others being just so-so. The room we stayed in (5ht floor, suite) had a balcony with a view but the seating was linear, so only 1 person could see the view, and there was a daybed--lovely idea) but it faced the wrong way. And if you looked straight out you were looking at functional buildings and parking. So, ok, the hotel has been there for a long time, probably hard to change that. The Club Lounge at Hyatt's is lacking compared to other hotels in it's peer group. Specifically the food choices offered are a little light, and of course, several other lounges make it a norm to offer alcoholic beverages. The room was nice as were the public areas of the hotel and you can tell it's been renovated-- feels fairly fresh. The big negative for us on the room was the air conditioning which is LOUD. We had it on during the night while we slept and every time it kicks into gear we woke up. The restaurant Lantana had GREAT food, and a wonderful outdoor seating environment and we highly recommend going there. Would I go back? I'd probably think twice, perhaps try the Miramonte across the street. I would definitely return to the SPA there though-- that is really, really a worthwhile place to go back to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Branch, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I had a three night stay a week ago 14-16 Oct. The property looks great as you arrive,the lobby is impressive with the gift shop. I was in room 1223 on the first floor. The size of the room was nice. The room had a refridgerator and a stepdown seating area. The room appeared tired and needed brightening. I arrived late and went to bed and didn't sleep. Every time I moved the sheet and the mattress pad bunched and made the bed very uncomfortable. I had an early meeting the next day and was busy all day until 10:30 or so PM and just rolled into bed . Nothing had been done so I got up to remake the bed and found out I had a king bed with queen sheets and the matress pad had broken straps which is why all the bunching up. The next morning after another fitfull nights sleep. Sleeping on a bare mattress and on an exposed mattress pad I consider very unhealthy. I went to the desk to explain my plight and waited just about 10 minutes as there was just one clerk. Most front offices have a camera so when the desk backs up someone comes out to help,not here. I registered my complaint and the young lady was very nice and said she would notify Housekeeping. Returning to my room that evening I checked the bed and the correct size linen had been put on the bed. My plane was the next afternoon so due to lack of sleep from the previeous two nights I settled in for a good nights sleep. Wrong !! The alarm on the radio went off at 0600 ! The last two mornings it had NOT gone off and i use my phone when I need an alarm. Revenge from an upset housekeeper ??? I travel 130-160 days a year so I don't believe in coincidence with the alarm going off. There was a group check out ahead of me as I waited to speak with the Manager so after 15 minutes and no progress I left. Pretty hotel housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired!!

3 Thank mo6345
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We ended up here by accident after doing a mystery hotel booking.
The hotel bulding and facilities are awesome, very clean, a really nice little giftshop/cafe, many pools to choose from, tennis courts, pushbikes.
My husband used the golf course and raved about it, loved the course and loved the scenery.
My 6 year old wanted to play tennis, he had his own racquet, court hire was included in the pesky "resort fee" but racquet hire wasn't.
We did have trouble self parking as there was a ferrari club meeting at the resort and half the carpark had been reserved, so 4 nights out of 6 we had to valet (at self park prices) but then of course you have to tip the valet as well.
The main two pools were also closed early on a Sunday due to a private function, the smaller pools were still accessible though.
The only real issue we had was upon checking out, we had used the phone to dial international and used a total of 15 minutes of talk time, in two separate phone calls, for this we got charged the ridiculous charge of $100, also on the bill was two other calls that didn't even connect and for each of these calls there was a charge of $23 (which were reversed "in good faith" after questioning them).
We would stay here again in the future, even knowing about the excessive resort fee...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gold Canyon, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this beautiful hotel to celebrate my husbands birthday. We got a great deal by using Hyatt's Freetime. We paid for a three day stay and recieved the fourth day free. Each day we also recieved free breakfast for two. Breakfast tip, if you like pancakes, my husband says their pancakes are the best he's ever had. That's saying something, since he's had pancakes everywhere, here in the US, Canada and Europe.

About the hotel, at the front desk, Elise booked us into a great room on the top floor at the end of the hall over looking the pool and cabanas. The view of the mountains and scenery was wonderful. From our balcony, it looked as if we were in Hawaii, it was that beautiful. We had a king room, that was large enough for a living room area. The room was spotless, the cleaning staff excellent. What a great room. Thanks to Elise! Oh, by the way, since we were there for a birthday, the bellman staff sent up a lovely card with a tin of very nice candy. And Debbie the restaurant manager sent up a nice bottle of wine with their delicious chocolate covered strawberries. Compliments of the hotel. Debbie also recommended places to see and do while there. Very thoughtful! Very nice! Thank you Debbie.

Tip: If you are a Hyatt Platinum Member, the self paring fee is waived and they discount the resort fee as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZcartrip
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great place, but a high-end resort shouldn't nickel and dime you for everything. There's a mandatory resort fee of $23 in addition to the room rate. No way to get out of it - then why the heck isn't included in the rate? Oh wait, so when you do an Internet search it shows up as cheaper than it really is.

On top of that, there is an additional fee of $20 to use the locker room at the gym!! C'mon Hyatt - that's ridiculous.

It's a lovely resort and the service is wonderful, but this blatant money-grab just cheapens the experience.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank bbtravelin
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel, I made a specific change in my itinerary to stay here again...stayed at the hotel next door once, earlier in year, this is better.
Large rooms, great bathrooms, great service, fantastic surroundings over looking golf course. Nice pool area, slide for the kids along with kids club. Reasonably priced, nice bars and restaurants with professional service. Nice fit fitness and spa facilities too...high recommended

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!