Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa(Indian Wells)(Great Value!)
$139
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa(Indian Wells)(Great Value!)
$128
$79
Sands Hotel and Spa(Indian Wells)(Great Value!)
$189
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$90
$106
$95
$83
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$68
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$59
Shadow Mountain Resort and Club(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$88
$86
Hotels.com
2,721 results
All reviewsadult poollantana restaurantgolf coursebutler servicepenthouse suiteagave sunsetpalm springsgrand championsself parkingpool arealiving areaping pongresort feeplay golfgolf viewlarge bathroomgreat resort
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have taken my family here twice on Hyatt points and we all enjoyed the stay both times. We also had access to the Regency Room - this was by far the best Regency room I have ever experienced.

The rooms were average size and nothing to complain about, clean, neat etc. There are a couple of pools, one for family and another for adults. The grounds also include free bike rentals, ping pong, pool and have a nice koy garden.

A very nice hotel !

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Fishizl
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We arrived here the night before New Year's after a literally last minute get away. Since it was the holidays, the entrance was beautiful with the lights and Christmas trees. Service was great all the way around even though it was a busy holiday weekend. Checking in on a Friday night was hard enough, but the staff was patient and professional. From the Valet, do the door man opening the door and greeting us every time we came and went. Decent price for the hotel, plus we used our AAA rate which included a free buffet breakfast each day. The activities and amenities were nice. Just remember you get charged a resort fee and it is stated when you make a reservation and reminded on check in. There are a lot of pools which are kept warm at about 83 degrees and a nice small twisty slide for the kids. They do allow dogs for a fee. I would double check on the fee. Sometimes it's a weight limit on the dogs. My sister brought her Shitzu.
The New Year's eve activities were free in the hotel for guest and there was a separate party with a 3 course meal and DJ and favor's etc.. for a nominal fee. The Kids camp had activities for New Year's eve for the kids too. There is a nice coffee shop which serves Starbucks in the lobby and the restaurant is ok. My husband plays golf, so he kept his clubs with the bell boy and retrieved them when he was ready to play.
The only complaint I have was that there were black finger prints all over the bathroom door. So I went ahead and cleaned it off with soap and water. Otherwise, clean room. The pull out couch needs to be updated. Not comfortable for my son to sleep on, but it was a bed. The roll away was nice addition for my step son.
The beds were comfy. Especially since I normally don't sleep well in other beds. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort
As for dogs, be careful with the room. My sister had the last king size room and they put you on the 1st floor with the dogs, but her room smelled like poop the whole time! plus it was a handicap bathroom/shower
Otherwise a nice get away

Room Tip: Make sure you call ahead for fee for dogs. Most hotels only allow small dogs according to weight. Most likely you will be on the bottom floor. My sister's room smelled like dog poop the whole time but due to the holiday weekend, there were no other rooms to switch to.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joyce S
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My previous Hyatt stays have usually been great, however this experience was very mediocre. Bottom-line: 45 minute check in with only 10 people ahead of us in line; booked the room for about $285/night but the final tab was closer to $400 (4 different taxes and 2 resort fees); parking another $25/night; and oh yes a $9.75 bottle of water (average size) that was conveniently placed on the night stand. Hyatt theme song: "charge them for the mice, extra for the lice, 2% for looking in the mirror twice ...". Having said this, the staff was very friendly. One tip for future travelers -- do not pay more for the pool view rooms -- you are overlooking the screaming kids pool.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zoeSanDiego
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Our first day at the property was great and the second day left something to be desired. We asked for an early check in when we made our reservations which was available during the busy holiday week. The front desk clerk was very nice and made small talk. We dropped our bags off and went to the pool with our four year old. The pool was nice, but not as warm as I thought it would be. We sat down and Javier came over and asked if we would like a drink and proceeded to give us a menus as well. Our drinks came fast and Javier was very nice. Throughout the day he was very attentive and even called our daughter by her first name which was great. Dinner at Lantana was pricey and the menu did not have very many options. Jose was our server and he was great. Gave us recommendations for dinner and went above and beyond to offer other options for our daughter that were not on the menu. Then came the second day. Breakfast at the Lantana was a buffet or off the menu. Our server was nice but seemed so busy she forgot our ketchup and other condiments until we were halfway done with our meals. The buffet was not very impressive and not many choices for the $22 per adult price tag. The pancakes were rubbery and cold. Headed out to the pool and proceeded to sit down and watch the waitress walk by three or four times before she took a drink order. I was looking for Javier from the previous day but he was not there. It took her forever to bring back our drinks and she seemed very overwhelmed. She was polite but that was it. We ordered food and drinks and we were done with our food before a man brought our drinks over. The other servers by the pool seemed to be running with urgency and did see a few people from breakfast helping out in other areas of the pool. It looked like they did not have enough staff on hand.We decided to try our luck at the Lantana again since it was good the night before. Our server was nice but I asked if they could make the spaghetti and meatballs for my daughter again, and she replied they did not have that on the menu. I explained they made that the night before and she said she did not know they had that dish so we ordered the macaroni and cheese. All of our meals came out luke warm so we sent my daughters dish back, came back and the noodles were soggy. I had the black salmon and the sauce they put on it was rancid. At this point I was so tired I scraped off the sauce and just ate the salmon. The property itself was beautiful and the rooms were large and comfortable. They could use a little updating. I have to say the majority of the staff were very nice and accommodating. I am not sure I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank caligirl280
Reviewed December 23, 2011

After stays at the Grand Hyatt Kauai and Tamaya Resort, expectations were soaring for my third visit to a Hyatt resort. While the aforementioned properties welcomed guests through remarkable entrances, the gateway to the Grand Champions was underwhelming. Guests make a left turn toward the resort – a right turn leads to the Renaissance Esmeralda – and quickly find themselves under the covered overhang. Several stairs lead to the lobby which is more functional than aesthetically pleasing. Guests then walk through a long, dark corridor toward the elevators. Suffice to say, expectations were tempered in the first few minutes.

The guest room presented a bi-level layout. Two steps down from the king-sized bed is a pleasant sitting area. All rooms feature a balcony or patio. On some floors, the balconies are uncomfortably close to each other with only a waist-level barrier. The entry-level views offer views of the parking lot, so upgrading to a pool view is a worthwhile expense. If you are looking for a more serene view, select a room that faces the golf course.

Outside the room, the fitness facility is top-notch. The floor-to-ceiling windows provide pleasant views, and when open, provide a welcome breeze. The treadmills are the latest generation, featuring embedded TVs, Ipod connector, and a variety of pacing options. There are also bicycles, stairmasters, and weight equipment. After a workout, a walk through the grounds reveals well-manicured gardens and several pools including an adult-only area.

My primary point of contention is the extra fees. While I have willingly paid resort fees at previous resorts, this resort fee does not include parking – an extra $10. Coupled with the fact that the property resembles a large hotel – not a grand resort - the price/value equation is not in the guest’s favor.

In summary, The Hyatt Grand Champions Resort is ideal for golfers but otherwise an unremarkable leisure resort.

Pros: Top-notch fitness facility, bi-level room layout increases sense of space

Cons: Fees galore – resort and parking fees are separate, balconies are uncomfortably close

Room Tip: If you are looking for a more serene view, select a room that faces the golf course.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scl44
ServiceManager44600, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2012

Dear SCL44-
Thank you so much for your favorable comments about our spacious rooms, top-notch fitness center, and generally positive stay. We do have some fantastic golf in the Indian Wells area! Our entrance was actually reconfigured about 10-12 years ago when we expanded to 530 rooms and suites. We were fortunate to be able to renovate the entire lobby last summer, while still trying to retain continuity with a 5 story building and a smaller feel. The great thing about Hyatt is that each property is unique to it's location and there is no cookie-cutter design.
Thanks for your posting and we hope to see you again for a another perspective.