“Best Work Trip Ever!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Imperial Beach
El Dorado Hills, California
“Best Work Trip Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I previously stayed in San Diego for my work trips; however, it was recommended that I try Imperial Beach. I am so glad I switched! The rooms were amazing and beautiful. The view was breathtaking and I loved walking out to the beach to watch the sunset. Or if it was too cold, I watched the sunset from my private balcony. The restaurant was ok, but I wished there was a bit more variety since I am not a seafood eater. Also, not being from the area I wished there was something in the rooms to tell about local restaurants and activities. I had to find everything on my own. The only real "complaint" I have is about the parking garage. The garage is underground and you enter and exit at a very steep angle. You have to use your room key to enter and exit. If you aren't in a tall car, it was a challenge to reach the card reader. In addition, due to the angle the car immediately rolled back prior to accelerating out. If there was a car behind me I would have hit them.

Room Tip: I had a room right by the elevator and had no noise problems at all. I was also on the 3rd floor an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Pier South Resort and for taking a moment to tell us about your outstanding experience as a business traveler on our property. I am overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful ocean and sunset views and beautiful suites. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your business or leisure travels bring you to Imperial Beach.

Tearp@piersouthresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I'm always skeptical of online hotel images - I've been burned a few times by websites with deceptive shots - but our room looked EXACTLY like the photos. The decor in our suite was modern and tasteful. We loved staying here - loved waking up to the sound of the ocean and a view of the pier. Our room was steps from the sand. The town isn't much, but we never left the hotel, just hung by the pool, had spa treatments, and walked on the beach. Oh - the happy hour from 230 to 5 pm is ridiculous. Great wine selection, generous apps (try the hummous, and the brussels) It's worth coming back just for that!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review, and all of your positive notes! We work to create a true beach retreat, and very happy to hear you had the opportunity to experience all of what Pier South Resort has to offer! We look forward to having you back again soon. The ocean views, great food and fine wines will be waiting for you!

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Talk about an excellent location! This hotel is on the sand with sweeping views of the Pacific. Rooms are very spacious and upscale. Not only is it a beautiful hotel but the staff is excellent and the food superb. I was there on business but will definitely be back for fun!

Room Tip: I saw two rooms - one has a separate living room with small bedroom the other was a very large room...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this rave review about your most recent business trip with Pier South! I’m thrilled to hear that you received such highly personalized attention from our staff and that you enjoyed our wonderful ocean and sunset views. Hope to see you again soon!

Shenandoah, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I am in a hotel 150 nights a year and this has to be my favorite...anywhere. A few things first. If you are expecting a city hotel...this is not it. It is on a sleepy road 20 minutes from Downtown San Diego. It has a contemporary look and feel. The room doors are frosted glass which is a little different and nice. The ocean views are unobstructed and priceless. The staff is AMAZING!!!! I would recommend everyone stay at this hotel. It does not get any better than this!!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get an oceanfront room. It is so great!!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Richard M
Tim E, General Manager at Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Wow! Thank you for your review Richard. Our team enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to having you back to enjoy our ocean front views and the classic Southern California beach lifestyle! We hope to see you again soon!

Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Just stayed here and we are ready to go back! Views are outstanding, beds are very comfortable. Perfect location for a little R&R. Was not impressed with the restaurant except for the bar drinks. We found it difficult to find a decent local place to eat so we wound up back in Coronado for meals. Parking was tricky and $18/day. The garage is underground and you enter and exit at a very steep 45 deg. angle. You must use your room key to activate the entrance/exit arm so unless you have really long arms to reach the activator, it's a problem. We saw an elderly couple unable to get the gate open so one of them had to get out of the car on the super steep slope, walk around the car to get the arm activated. Very poor setup. I would definitely go back to this hotel just for the location and relaxing atmosphere. Just checked availability for July and don't think I'd pay the $700 nightly rate for the same room category we had on this trip which was just over $200. Guess we will stick with low season.

Room Tip: Premium ocean front. Some locations have just a sliver of the ocean views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank azazaz
Tim E, General Manager at Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I appreciate your feedback and pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the views from your suite. Sea180 is always introducing new items and revamping their menu with fresh seasonal ingredients. I would agree that Coronado and downtown are great locations for additional upscale dining. We are aware of the garage incline and working on ways to assist our guests by offering 24 hour valet service. Our rates vary due to seasonal demands but we strive to offer good value year round.

Hope to see you soon! Imperial Beach is a quaint beach community and represents one of the last remaining Southern California beach communities, which is perfect for a restful retreat.

Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

As a hotel professional myself I really appreciate nice hotels and staff that go out of their way! I stayed at this new hotel in January and was blown away by the room and the view..My room was huge and had a balcony overlooking the ocean. Right on the sand. I really enjoyed the huge bathroom and very comfortable bed! This was one of the nicer hotel rooms I have stayed in in San Diego. The restuaraunt just opened and the food was top notch! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the San Diego area! AMAZING ROOM, AMAZING STAFF and a Million dollar view!! I will be back!
Jon from Monterey, CA

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Manager H
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed at Pier South Resort for 3 nights on a business trip. The place is new and of course everything worked perfect. Very clean.
The suites are elegantly furnished. The service is first class. The restaurant has excellent selection.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
#6 of 279 in San Diego
Hotel del Coronado
#8 of 16 in Coronado
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,967 reviews

Been to Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!