“Bad food, overpriced”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Bad food, overpriced”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to sit on the pier, so we picked this place. The cashier was kind of dirty and he was wearing an apron that was all greasy and disgusting... I wanted to walk away, but my husband really wanted to stay there. So we ordered fried oysters, frilled salmon and sword fish. They make you pay right away, so I only left him 10% tip because I Didn't know what to expect. Total bill was $55. That also included 2 beers.

The oysters were the ones that you can buy in a jar in a supermarket, like $5 for a huge jar. The plate had 8 of them and we could barely eat half of that. It was bad.

The fish was all right. I barely are it.

The main attraction is the view, the surfers, the fisher man, the waves, the birds that we ended up feeding most of our food to. That's is the only reason this place got poor review from me, not horrible.

My advise: bring food from somewhere else and enjoy it there. Or grab a snack from that place, don't waste your money on food

1 Thank elelena2014

Helsinki
“Amazing mahi tacos!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Looking for a local spot for a no meat Friday, we scored! All the meals we ordered were great and my kids who don't even like fish asked for more. Prices are very reasonable and you will not leave hungry!

• Visited March 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great Shrimp Tacos, A Great Price, & Entertainment, Too!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Imperial Beach is at the end of the 9 mile spit from Coronado. It is really sweet spot. We went out to the end of Imperial beach pier for lunch at the Tin Fish. I had a giant shrimp taco & a calamari taco for $4.50 each. My husband had cod, waffle cut fries, & coleslaw for $10.95. We each had a 16 oz. draft Kirin beer for $.4.00. Quite a feast for a very low price! Entertainment was provided by the people catching fish off the edge of the pier.

• Visited February 2013
Kelowna, British Columbia
“Take the time to walk the pier and have a lunch treat at the same time!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This lovely little cafe at the end of the Imperial Beach pier offers tasty treats for a light lunch. My favourite is the Fish Taco and I come back again and again to try this cost-effective platter.

Visited January 2013
Chula Vista, California
“Meh”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Meh. And I'm speaking of the Imperial Beach location. The price is high for the quality of food served there, especially given the food context in which south San Diego finds itself: bomb-[--], cheap and amazing. Perhaps the high price for the prime real estate? I can understand that. It is, after all, located in a most EXCELLENT of locations to observe surfers and fishermen, all while sucking in the refreshing salt air. This idyllic space is being gastronomically underutilized.

Visited October 2012