Rodeway Inn
$40
Hotels.com
$85
ComfortInn
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a small hotel on the outskirts of the city, almost within walking distance of Imperial International Airport California.
Excellent choice for a night before an early flight, the staff very friendly and willing to make your stay more pleasant.

Room Tip: No restaurant in the hotel and there is nowhere nearby to eat, you can only order pizza so if you stay here you must be well fed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Could see our plane from the room. Good price. Young man who checked us in was very nice. Brought extra pillows right away and hog us a taxi to go to dinner.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Sbmargo
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I don't know who the reviewers were (certainly a while back) but this hotel is in serious need of new management and some serious TLC. While "newly remodeled" may sound good, I really have to question what dictionary the description was taken from.

My wife and I were in Imperial for my 49th HS reunion and the Airporter was giving an event rate that sounded really good. We knew we were likely to face some issues when we drove up and saw the banner advertising weekly and monthly rates. The room was not really dirty, it just hadn't been cleaned well and you could tell. The case work around the doors was beaten up and a bit of spackle and a quick brush of paint was what must pass for "remodel". In the bathroom, the paint appeared to have been applied over the "goobies" rather than having the wall prepped and then painted. The handle on the front door was broken and hung listlessly and the only way to open the room after inserting the key card was to lift up on the handle and then shove a solid shoulder into the door. The linens were threadbare and rather than being white had an off-gray sort of dingy appearance.

The management appears not to really understand hospitality management and why they acquired the hotel makes one wonder. We have seen this with other properties that we enjoyed only to see them rapidly decline after a change in ownership.

I would really be cautious about staying here unless a low-ball rate trumps any consideration of quality.

Room Tip: Look in El Centro
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OGoneAgain2
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Aiporter Inn was great they were very accomodating. The rooms were nice and clean. Very helpful with my transportation needs. They provoded breakfast which was great. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Surprisingly nice. Though you'd never know it by looking. I've got the distinct feeling, in it's heyday, it was considered much more luxurious. BUT..... it is very conveniently located right next to the airport, (I could see my plane from my hotel room), The staff was very courteous, but not at all intrusive. The rooms appear to have been recently renovated, and are very clean, and quiet. Not a 5 star by any stretch of the imagination, but at the price, it's worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)