“Great place for a couple!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Teri8197
California
“The place needs a serious facelift!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

I was very disappointed with the Petite Chateau. I was looking forward to a nice fire. However there was nothing to start the fire with, no newspapers and nothing in which to light it with. We had to purchase these items. It also stated it had a dvd player. I had to call the office to have one delivered. If you are looking to relax with your special someone, the loveseat is not comfortable and if you pull out the bed, it is very very small with not a lot of room to stretch out in.
There is not a lot of cookware if you are planning on cooking in. The oven smokes like crazy as it hasn't been cleaned in a very long time.
I booked this place for a special getaway with my boyfriend and it wasn't cheap. It could be very cute and quaint but it has been extremely neglected.
I WOULD not stay here, you 're better off booking elsewhere.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jan 16, 2018
Hi,
I apologize that your stay was not as expected as I can only imagine how frustrating these issues must have been, especially for a romantic vacation! I am glad we were able to get local management out quickly to bring over a DVD player. I will be in contact with them to see if the owner would like to upgrade certain house features for guest satisfaction. Hopefully, you allow us to house you in the future so that we can show you what Vacasa standards truly are!
riftia
San Diego, California
“Great place for a couple!”
Reviewed December 14, 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the “Le Petit Chateau” over a long weekend just before Christmas. It is a very short distance away from “downtown” Idyllwild. The place is small but great for a couple. A bedroom including bathroom is on top of a living room with an open fireplace and kitchen. The two are connected with the funkiest custom made spiral staircase I have ever seen, definitely not suitable for handicapped or seriously overweight people.
Everything was clean, towels and bathroom supplies were supplied, the hot tub was fired up and ready to go, kitchen equipment was plentiful (even a cocktail mixer and a fancy wine opening set). The two heaters provided plenty of heat to keep the place warm, even without the fireplace going. The downstairs gas heater required a bit of fiddling to get going, the pilot light switch is very touchy.
Overall, we had a very pleasant experience and I can warmly recommend this place for a couple. We did not experience any of the problems that were mentioned in the previous review of this place

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awful experience”
Reviewed November 29, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Our family vacation was absolutely ruined because of the time we had to devote to dealing with the issues we encountered at this rental. I didn't take any photos because I refused to devote one more minute of my vacation to dealing with the problems of this rental. The hot tub didn't work and was half full of filthy water, the TV didn't work and we didn't have use of it the whole time, the sofa bed is a single not a double, the tub has rusty screw heads sticking out of it, the oven smoked when we tried to use it, the plates didn't fit in the microwave, there were no instructions for how to use the heater, there were no pillow cases on the extra pillows, the sheets on the pullout were dirty and had burn marks on them, the coffee table was so heavy and hard to move to pull out the sofa that my husband hurt his back moving it, certain items in the kitchen were absolutely filthy, the company and the local manager did not promptly respond to emails and phone calls. The only reason I gave this 2 stars was because once I did get a hold of the local manager and the rental company they were very nice and apologetic and they sent someone to repair the hot tub. But by the time it was up to temperature, it was the night before we had to leave. This is clearly an owner issue and Vacasa should not continue to rent this cabin until the owner remedies these issues. This cabin could have been so much better if it were cleaner and some basic considerations had been accounted for.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing