“We felt right at home.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idyllwild
Strawberry Creek Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
Costa Mesa, California
“We felt right at home.”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hosts were very friendly and attentive. We felt very welcome and enjoyed the easy, homelike atmosphere -- coffee/tea anytime, appetizers and sweets each evening, a nice library and living room area, hammocks outside for relaxing. Nice grounds and pathway down to Strawberry Creek. The breakfasts were FANTASTIC -- a gourmet feast, beautifully presented with ample portions. We loved it !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Strawberry creek inn was the perfect getaway we needed. So relaxing and had a great time feeding the chickens as well :) Great location close to everything and if you like hiking there's plenty of hiking trails. oh yes and can't forget the delicious cookies and breakfast we had!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Ochousewife1
Tustin, California
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I was planning to stay in their cottage and surprise my wife for her birthday. I emailed them directly with some questions, then a week later after not hearing back from them, called them to reserve the cottage as time was ticking away. I spoke with their reservations line and they were unable to answer some specific questions. I did not make the reservations as I wanted to know the answers to my questions first. The lady on the phone told me since she didn't know she would provide the inn keepers with the questions and have them get back to me.....absolutely nothing. No call, no email. These guys obviously don't understand that communicating with future customers can bring in more clientele. Obviously, I did not stay here...and never will.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank bmurf6873
Marc K, Group General Manager at Strawberry Creek Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2017
Please note that as of mid December 2016, the inn is under new ownership and management.

We deeply apologize for experiences with the prior ownership and management.
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Our children gave us a gift card to Strawberry Creek Inn and we can't thank them enough. From the lovely and caring welcome by Ian and Rodney, to the charming decor of our room (San Jacinto) and the little extras like snacks in the main room, wi-fi and board games our stay couldn't have been more pleasant. On the downside, the bathroom was very small and you need to bring your own shampoo but that is little enough for the lovely overall experience. Breakfast is delightful, other guests friendly. When my husband mentioned we'd like to go hiking, Ian immediately had a map in our hands and pointed out the pros and cons of each trail. As a writer, I was delighted to find he was an avid reader and made time to talk books without ever missing a beat in keeping his guests happy. We will be back many times I am sure.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RebeccaForster
Hemet
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I must say I'm confused when other posters comment on the lack of friendliness of the innkeepers. We found Ian and Rodney to be very friendly and helpful. When I called to make a reservation I inquired about appetizers and snacks. Rodney said they were offered on the weekend. I guess he could hear the disappointment in my voice because he offered to make his homemade cookies. Sure enough they were there when we arrived. When I asked if they had non fat milk, a special trip was made to the store. How often do you get that kind of service????? We followed Ian around as he did his chores of feeding the chickens and watering the plants. He was kind and considerate and took time to answer "us cityfolks" questions about raising chickens. The accomadations were clean, comfortable and cozy. We felt right at home and would like to return in the future. If you go in the summer, be sure to check out "Concerts in the Pines" which is within walking distance. Idyllwild is a fun place to visit and Ian and Rodney make it extra special.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kvd
Mykonos, Greece
Reviewed July 8, 2010

The organic breakfast was amazing!! Rodney and Ian were fabulous innkeepers and provided us with a comfortable, cozy room with a fireplace. We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday and couldn't have had a better time. Nice hiking areas and Cafe Aroma is a definite must. We will be back :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anikolaki
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 15, 2010

What a blessing to finally find a green B&B where I didn't have to worry about my multiple chemical sensitivities! They went out of their way to make sure I wouldn't have a reaction to anything including food on our first romantic getaway in years. I found the hosts friendly and accommodating, but not intrusive which was great. The hosts pointed us in the direction of amazing restaurants - definitely go to The Mountain Restaurant and Cafe Aroma. The grounds and main house were lovely, the appetizers & cookies were great and breakfast was delicious. The weather was beautiful and it even snowed when we were leaving. The other guests were so nice. The room was cozy, sweet, clean and comfortable. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms and it was a little small for my 6'1" husband with the ceilings and shower, but he still liked the room alot. I loved the window seat, decor and the time away. I did get to peek at some of the other larger rooms and they looked gorgeous. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idyllwild
Desert Riviera Hotel
#3 of 13 in Idyllwild
Creekstone Inn
Creekstone Inn
#5 of 9 in Idyllwild

Been to Strawberry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!