“THE MOST AMAZING STAY I'VE HAD IN IDYLLWILD!!!!!!!! STEVE S”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idyllwild
The Grand Idyllwild Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
Indio, California
“THE MOST AMAZING STAY I'VE HAD IN IDYLLWILD!!!!!!!! STEVE S”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I Have been going to Idyllwild for the past 19 years! I go at least a dozen times a year and I've stayed just about everywhere there. For my girlfriend and me it was the most amazing stay I've had in Idyllwild! Peaceful, relaxing, private, and intimate. The location is perfect and the accommodations are exceptional! I'm a Marriott owner and the Grand Idyllwild was better than a category 9 hotel!!! The owners Brad and Jacki made us feel right at home and by the time we left we felt like we've known them for years. I, also, recommend a nice walk to Aroma Café or just a little further into town stop by Idyll Awhile Wine Shop and Gastronome. 5 STARS AND THEN SOME!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are immaculate and beautifully decorated!!!!! Some have balconies and others have bay...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Coto de Caza, California
Reviewed February 25, 2014

From the moment we turned into the creek-lined driveway for a quick one-night getaway to Idyllwild, I knew my husband and I were in for a special treat. This elegant new craftsman-style inn was well situated near town (within walking/staggering distance of the wonderful Cafe Aroma) but tucked among the pines with spectacular mountain views so it felt secluded and private. Our comfortable room (Harmony) had a view of the mountainside; there are also ample sitting/lounging areas as well as outdoor decks where one can take in the beauty. The proprietors are solicitous and welcoming, but they don't "hover" -- just the right amount of attentiveness to guests. Everything here is immaculate and done with great taste. Also, while it's a physically grand size, there are only about 10 rooms -- which makes it feel indeed like an exclusive, though not stuffy, luxury lodge. Apparently they are in the middle of adding a spa, but even without this amenity, I felt the inn was a very good value. I've never written a review before, but Grand Idyllwild Lodge exceeded our expectations by such a great degree that I felt compelled to share my experience.

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a fabulous hotel for couples who want an upscale yet down to earth experience. The Inn keepers are a delight. The rooms are extremely clean. The stars at night to die for.We bought art work from them as well as they take many very talented artists' work and display it. In fact, I think that the art work there is better than any of the art work that we saw in local galleries. Brad built this beauty and his wife decorated it. They are talented beyond measure.

San Diego, California
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was my first visit to Idyllwild and wanted to be assured updated, comfortable, clean and restful accommodations preferably with convenient access to all that Idyllwild has to offer, majestic views, and relaxing common areas. Our arrival at the newly completed Grand Idyllwild Lodge was met with a riverstone lined driveway flanked by a trickling water feature that runs the length of the drive, ample parking, and a generously covered entrance leading to a striking arts and crafts two plus story home sitting harmoniously amongst towering pines and cedar. Inside we found the generously proportioned great room, breakfast sunroom and fireplace room all with sweeping views. A warm and inviting library met us at the top of the grand stair case on the way to our room. The common areas are wide open and spacious as are the rooms, each with beautifully thought out decor, warm or cool colors and adjoining luxuriously-appointed restrooms. No detail has been left out or to chance - double crown molding, tray ceiling, paned windows maximizing views, wide plank hard wood flooring, designer inspired light fixtures and window coverings -- comfortable furnishings and bedding. We extended our stay to a third night as we couldn't bear to leave the accommodating hospitality expertly delivered by lodge owners Jacki and Brad, who dreamt, planned and built this welcoming and special place. Deer, squirrel and many birds call this property their home; delighted, we were often met with the curious gaze of these forest creatures from the many windows, decks or stepping outside. We left after four days in this glorious retreat better able to rejoin our busy lives. Jacki and Brad wanted to be sure that our needs were met but not in an obtrusive manner. They are delightful and uniquely suited to ensure the enjoyment of their guests, knowledgeable of the area and able to provide great options for things to do and places not to miss. I cannot in this short space fully explain all that made this an outstanding and memorable vacation, and cannot wait to plan our next visit to the Grand Idyllwild Lodge.

Room Tip: The four rooms on the second floor are gorgeous with fireplace, HD TV, directTV, and ensuite restroo...
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This relatively new B & B is lovely. The rooms are all different and beautifully furnished. The common rooms are comfortable with a super fireplace. Owners Brad and Jacki are friendly and responsive. A beautiful place for a restful escape.

San Diego, California
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Ok so we are type A people. Busy busy busy all the time. Wanted a couple of nights away to celebrate our newly-empty-nest status. Idyllwild seemed the sensible choice, we have been here a couple of times before to rent places with our brood, with hit and miss results, frankly. Grand Idlyllwild came up on my TripAdvisor search so we booked two nights, Feb 16 and 17. Literally can't wait to go back. For starters, the property is gorgeous. Our room, "Suite Memory" was on the first floor with a private entrance. I kind of want to try to replicate the bedding/linens in our own home, it was that good. The property is perfect, great mountain views, snacking mule deer, everything just very beautifully conceived. But even better than the property were Brad and Jackie, the owner/builder/innkeepers. When was the last time you actually wanted to go to the wine/appetizer thing in the evening? You will want to go to this one. Breakfast??? Well Brad makes it and you will like it. They made reservations for dinner for us last night to hear a great blues band up from the desert. Awesome. Also, I can't remember the last time I took a little nap in the afternoon, but yeah, I took a little nap. Going back asap. Go here, just don't book my room.

1 Thank janedelagrotte
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We recently were given the privilege of trying out the Grand Idyllwild lodge and could not have had a better experience. We have been coming to Idyllwild for several years and this lodge is a fantastic addition to the lodging offerings on the hill. Brad and Jacki are great hosts and will do anything to accommodate every guest. For example we happened to stay the weekend of the Olympics and we really wanted to just relax and watch the opening ceremonies. However the way the room was arranged it would be difficult to view the TV (which is a very hi-tec Samsung Smart TV). No problem as Brad was there in a heartbeat (he had just come from jogging) to move the furniture to meet our needs. Room Great, Happy hour and Gourmet Breakfast fantastic. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Mhilles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idyllwild
Desert Riviera Hotel
#3 of 13 in Idyllwild
Silver Pines Lodge
Silver Pines Lodge
#2 of 13 in Idyllwild

Been to The Grand Idyllwild Lodge? Share your experiences!