“Great service and very good food”
Review of Hidden Village - CLOSED

Hidden Village
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a very small restaurant with limited outdoor seating in good weather. The staff is kind and accomodating. The food comes out hot and quickly and very good. Only Asian place in Idyllwild, but well worth going to.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

it is always a bit of a surprise to see a chinese restaurant in this mountain village. it is run by chinese so it is authenticly good. wonderful people who own it and make you welcome in their restaurant.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

2 people in our party walked initially. Stood there browsed lhrough the menu for a dew minutes. No one came out from the back. Moments later a couple of people walked in through the main entrance and immediately a lady came out from the back greeted the the people and sat them down.

The 2 in our party walked out to meet the rest of us as we split up to order different cuisine of food.
10 minutes later......our entire group walked into the restaurant. We were to the side of the doorway.
The lady from the patio entered after taking order from the patio. She appeared as though was going to walk by us. I greeted her.
Her answers were abrupt and succinct.

Her tone of voice and mannerism gave impressions of us not being welcomed.

1  Thank lin m
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We arrived a little late on a Friday evening for the weekend. I read about this place on the Town Crier website. My first thought was "is it any good, I mean, come on, it's Idyllwild." But it turned out to be very good. It's a little hidden but you do feel like you're in some kitschy Chinese restaurant in the big cities. We ordered the kung pao chicken and house chow mein. Both had distinct flavors which is a good sign. Some places, things just taste the same. A couple of Tsing Taos and we were set. The service was attentive without being intrusive. I heard them speaking Chinese in the kitchen and I think the owner came out to see who we were. Overall, a nice dining experience. We were the only ones there which was gave a nice peaceful dining experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

The food is excellent although a bit expensive for entree however they give you a big portion. I thought I was in China town because the food was so delicious and original to my Asian taste buds. Definitely a go-to place for Chinese food!

1  Thank meaw_chick