“Very funky.”

Jo'an's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #26 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate on their outdoor patio (dog friendly) for BBQ during the jazz festival. They had entertainment. Kind of fun.

1  Thank Mary A

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I love Jo'an's! The food is always good, the steaks are great and the service is great! Very friendly, helpful staff with great attitudes and smiles. That adds to the already welcoming atmosphere. And though I'm no fan of karaoke, the people that do sing there are from not bad to "Are you a professional singer?" I always stop in whenever I'm in town just to round out the great experience of Idyllwild!

1  Thank D11RCD
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Had the chance to visit the mountain this year while camping nearby, wanted breakfast while restocking supplies..
The weekday special was a good value but another piece of bacon would have been nice.
I'm always looking for someone that makes a good biscuits & gravy as a treat so I asked my server about theirs.
The next time on my way home a few days later I tried them, AWESOME, Go for the "Mike Style" and a full order is more than plenty to hold you over for the day, next time I'll do a 1/2 order, but don't be shy if you want a tasty treat of homemade biscuits, gravy, and get the 'Mike style" toppings for just a little extra..
Loved them & the service was warm & friendly.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had lunch inside and was not impressed. My daughter's food was cold, I asked for balsamic dressing (which was on the menu) but got oil and vinegar, the hamburger was very rare, and when we asked for ketchup the waitress finally brought it with our check. There was a nice BBQ and beer garden outside with live music -- If we ever come back, that's where we will be.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Jo'An's (and this is the correct spelling, no matter what anyone else may tell you) has been a staple in the Idyllwild scene for quite some time. Located smack dab in the middle of "downtown" and across from "The Fort," they specialize in American food, with BBQ on weekends.

They get pretty packed-out on summer weekends, so be aware of that. My visit was on a Friday afternoon so the place was almost empty. The place is fairly large inside and pretty-well covered with wood paneling everywhere. Vaulted ceiling with a G-gauge model train on tracks that run around the periphery, though I don't know if the train itself is supposed to run or not. It wasn't when I was there. There is also a large "beer garden" outside for overflow or those who like the mountain air.

My entree' was the Peppercorn Bacon Burger, cooked to order and quite filling. Instead of fries I decided to get coleslaw instead. Soda was $2.00; quite reasonable and with free refills.

It's a pretty decent place to eat while in Idyllwild, but do watch out for the crowds on weekends.