“Cosy dining and drinking”
Review of Gastrognome

Gastrognome
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Cosy dining and drinking”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Situated in the wonderful town of Idyllwild in the S. Jacinto mountains - this place is well worth a visit. Half pub, half restaurant with a nice cosy atmosphere, wood fire burning and nice dining area. The menu has plenty of variety. The food is well presented and sensibly priced and best of all, the soup is served HOT!
Next time we return to the area, we will make a point of visiting here again.
If you're travelling here from Palm Springs, do the loop route clockwise from Palm Desert, returning eventually to the I10 freeway just west of Palm Springs - wonderful scenery and views all the way.

Visited March 2013

Laguna Hills, CA
“I Shoulda Gnome”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I were in Idyllwild for three days to get some rest and exercise. We had seen Gastrognome on a previous trip but hadn't eaten there. It was recommended to us by our B&B managers, and they were right. The food was extraordinary. I had the Cioppino and my wife ordered the pork chop. My meal was rich Anderson seafood was flavorful and tender and abundant, with scallops and shrimp and mussels and fish on a bed of linguine. My wife said he pork chop was tender and moist and flavorful. She was disappointed when there was no spinach (the menu indicated the pork chop would be on a bed of spinach), and she mentioned it to the server. The server indicated the pork chop didn't come with spinach but offered to bring some spinach out for her. When we saw the menu again the next day (yes, we went back for more) the menu DID say spinach. A bit disappointing,but not enough to keep us away.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mark S
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Tasty and filling”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I thought the prices were a little high but I wasn't buying. However the food was well prepared, nicely presented, tasty, and filling. The outdoor patio was nice to have on this first day of spring and the table outsidel set with linens rather than being too picnicky.

Upland, California
“Both dinner and lunch”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight in Idyllwild and had many restaurants to choose from. The owner of the Inn where we stayed suggested Gastrognome. We went there for dinner and were seated by the fireplace. The lighting was subdued and chamber music played softly in the background. We had Rainbow trout, which was excellent, and french Onion soup, also very good. Our waitress, Patty went out of her way for us and all in all we were very pleased. We came back the next day for lunch and enjoyed ourselves once again. I forgot to mention that they had sun tea, which was served in a carafe so I didn't have to wait for refills. We will definitely go back there next time we go up to Idyllwild

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Braddock52
Indio, California
“Three Day Getaway”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Idyllwild for two nights and three days. Had a great time. We ate at the Gastrognome one time for lunch and one time for dinner. Try the calimari for lunch it was great. For dinner I had the lamb and Karen had the chicken diablo. Both were great. Carrie our server took very good car of us and the place was very busy. (Saturday night) They do take reservations. Will be back and will eat here again. Don't miss this place. Rustic atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013