“Off the center but on the mark”
Review of La Bella Montagna - CLOSED

La Bella Montagna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a lovely meal on a very quiet mid-week night in this lovely restaurant that is just outside of town. (Worth searching for.) Everything was excellent and clearly home-made. The waiter was wonderfully helpful and attentive. Unlike too many Italian places, this one does not drown everything in garlic instead letting the flavors speak for themselves. The portions are enormous, so considering sharing a main course if you aren't big eaters.

1  Thank Seniortourist

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I always wanted to try this place, so we figured the 2 for $20 all you can eat would be a nice way to get a feel for the place. Upon being seated we were informed it would be salad, spaghetti and pizza all you can eat. I can't eat most red sauces, so I asked to sub a different sauce....no can do. The salad seemed unwashed and straight from a bag. The little sauce I did taste onthe spaghetti seemed out of a jar, and our pizzas were undercooked and drpping with too much cheese. With drinks, which they force you to order with the 2 for $20, came out to almost $30. I ate lettuce and bread. The prices were high considering the quality of the food. We won't be going back.

1  Thank Dominque J
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Always excellent and fresh. Our favorite restaurant in Idyllwild. Charming decor. Never been disappointed. Don't forget to bring your own wine.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Bring your own wine and enjoy fantastically prepared Italian food using family recipes. The Seafood Platter was generous and cooked to perfection and the Eggplant Parmesan was layered with delicious sauce and cheese making for a huge meal!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We spent a couple days in Idyllwild mid August during the annual Jazz Festival. On the recommendation of our hosts at the Strawberry Creek Inn we had dinner at La Bella Montagna on one of the nights. We were enthusiastically greeted at our table by one of the servers with, "You're gonna love it! We have the best Italian west of New Jersey!" I can't compare Jersey's Italian but having been to Italy a couple times in the last couple of years I would have to say the meals here are as good as any my wife and I experienced in Italy. I had the Ravioli Porcini & Truffle while my wife had the Chicken Marsala. Both were excellent! (And I'm not normally a ravioli guy!) The service was great and I don't remember it being "pricey" at all. Was forwarned that their liquor license hadn't come through yet so was able to bring in our own bottle of wine and get servicewith no corkage fee. There's a money saver right there!

1  Thank FredO764