“Great meal, cozy place. And a thank you.”
Review of La Bella Montagna - CLOSED

La Bella Montagna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were here on Dec. 28, 2012, a chilly evening in the 20's. I had noticed a warning light had come on in my car when we parked, but we went on in. We had a short wait, then a very enjoyable meal, good service. When we went back out, the car would not start. We called Auto Club, and it took about a half hour for the truck to come, and eventually towed it to the nearby garage. Fortunately, the owner of this restaurant offered to give the 4 of us a ride back to our vacation rental (4-5 miles uphill)! Since there is no cab service closer than Hemet, we were so lucky that he did this for us. You can be sure that we will be forever grateful, and will eat here every trip up the "hill."

4  Thank daveatglendora

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Presentation was very good. Service was attentive. Restaurant should receive its liquor license in 6 weeks.

3  Thank 1608Chris
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The menu is somewhat limited but the food was excellent, as was the service. Prices are reasonable, particularly for a resort town, and portions are ample. The garlic bread is very good and is complimentary. Soup and salad is extra and seems to be a little overpriced compared to the rest of the menu. Very nicely decorated and a romantic setting. A very short trip from downtown Idyllwild.

5  Thank gardog
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went to La Bella Montagna for a special dinner with friends for my our 50th wedding anniversary
and the chef was there. My goodness,what a difference in the quality of the food and service.Each person had a different entree,and there was plenty for us to share and take home.The chef,also,brought an additional serving of Eggplant Parmesan to show that my last so-so experience was a outlier that should never have happened.
Please try this restaurant and you'll enjoy a meal and service the equals those in major cities!

4  Thank Loouie
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The next time you're in Idyllwild, CA., you must try La Bella Montagna, a new Italian restaurant. My husband & I were there for our third anniversary and had a delicious meal. I had the shrimp & pasta dish (loaded with shrimp), and my husband had the lasagna (huge portion). Since they don't have their liquor license yet, we brought our own wine and there was no corkage fee. We don't normally eat dessert, but they surprised us after dinner with two complimentary homemade cannolis. We go to Idyllwild several times a year and we will definitely be going back to La Bella Montagna.

3  Thank caboteri