“Make yourself at home!”

Ranked #8 of 9 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
San Diego, California, United States
“Make yourself at home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I think some of the things people forget is its like a little cabin. Its definitely NOT the Hilton, but who goes to Idyllwild to stay in a luxury place? We stayed in a little two bedroom (one of two) available there for a week while I helped a friend of mine with a camp she was running in town. I believe the room we stayed in was one of the more recently renovated rooms available. The rooms had air conditioning units in them and I was pleasantly surprised to see a dresser in one room and a closet organizer in another room. Since we were there for a week this was a really nice addition. Pack for staying here like you're going to a time-share if you plan on being here long. We had a full-size refrigerator, a little propane stove and range and a sink with a toaster oven, a coffee maker and service for 4. You really can't beat the price for what you get with this place and I've been told the owners are super friendly, although I didn't get to meet them. The beds are comfortable and the sheets were clean. The TV is big screen and new-ish (at least will accomodate an HDMI cable if you need to connect to your laptop), otherwise they have a few DVD players available in the office along with a small selection of DVDs from their small collection. Connecting to the free WiFi is pretty difficult indoors. You can get a decent signal outside. But come on... you're in Idyllwild. Unplug and enjoy just being outdoors.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Zemirah L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

My partner and I recently visited the Apple Blossom Inn and we were very pleased. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We loved that they had BBQ's available for us to use. The motel is in a great location and just a short walk to the town center. For the price, you can't go wrong! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank DADuv2
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

$69 bucks a night! with no required minimum of nights to stay. A lot of places in Idyllwild have a 2 night minimum which makes it hard to do a weekend getaway on last minutes notice. This place was perfect, the GF and I packed up some stuff and the mountain bikes and headed up on a Sat Morning. Busted out a 12 mile ride, grabbed some mexican food at Arribas and settled in for the night with a movie at the Rustic. The town is super close to the hotel and everything was walking distance. It has a mini kitchen so you can take goodies and sodas. I will be going back for sure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheTripandTravel
Idyllwild, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Wonderful people we felt at home. They had a special rate for us hikers which is always helpful, so that was great! They went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of by helping us send out our packages and having a place to do our laundry. Everything was easy, the place was clean, and the rate was affordable. Great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nick32519
Coachella, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Idyllwild is one of my favorite places to visit and on my recent trip, I decided to stay at the Apple Blossom Inn. I had stayed here before when there were different owners but I can truly say this is my new favorite retreat when I visit. They new owners have added a modern feel...sort of a modern rustic if that's not too cliche. There is artwork hanging on the outside walls and well as framed art inside the rooms and office. Each cabin/room has a patio area out front where I enjoyed the afternoon reading a book while my daughter chased ladybugs and lizards around the property. When the other guests were coming back from their adventures for the evening, we all mingled and got to know each other. Some of the guests played horseshoes and a bean bag toss...it reminded me of a small town barbeque from back home. At night, there was the Disney channel on the TV for my daughter, but I was pleased to know they will loan out a DVD player in case we wanted to watch a movie. In the morning, I made some coffee and sat on the patio before the rest of the world woke up. I felt I had made some new friends and gotten my spirit recharged with the crisp mountain air.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sara H
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

The rates were very reasonable and we liked that the suite had two separate bedrooms and a kitchenette (fridge, stove, microwave, etc.). Great location close to downtown. No one was there to welcome us, but the key was left out and we did meet the owner the next day. He was very friendly. Now the bad news: the room appeared very dirty. My friend wiped urine off of the underside of the toilet seat with some wipes she brought. The carpet was stained and did not appear to have been vacuumed in some time. Even the leather chair in the living area had sticky stuff on it. The worst was the bedding. The sheets smelled clean and so did the towels. However, the spare pillows and blankets had not been washed and had hairs all over them. We also found crumbs of marijuana in both beds. The comforters and blankets had not been washed, only the sheets. We found a shirt and towel in the closet from the previous occupants. Both of us wore our flipflops to shower. I won't be going back. They need to amp up the cleaning by quite a bit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
14 Thank RachelSD75

Travelers are raving about these Idyllwild hotels

La Quinta, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

My family and I went to the Apple Blossom Inn to get out of the desert's heat. We spent one night here and had a terrific time. The rooms were homey and clean. I loved having a separate bedroom and kitchenette. We spent time with the owners/managers (a young couple) and they were able to recommend activities for us to do while in Idyllwild. What a wonderful and relaxing trip! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family