“Wonderful & Relaxing”

Ranked #8 of 9 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
La Quinta, California, United States
“Wonderful & Relaxing”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My family and I went to the Apple Blossom Inn to get out of the desert's heat. We spent one night here and had a terrific time. The rooms were homey and clean. I loved having a separate bedroom and kitchenette. We spent time with the owners/managers (a young couple) and they were able to recommend activities for us to do while in Idyllwild. What a wonderful and relaxing trip! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Palm Desert Country, California, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Needed a quick getaway in the Mountains and stumbled upon a treasure at the Apple Blossom Inn in Idyllwild. Beautiful scenery, towering trees, and plenty of space for the kids to explore. I forgot what clean air smells like.! The rooms are well appointed, with a big, flat screen T. V. and complete kitchen facilities. The location is ideal. We walked to town and had a fantastic breakfast at JoAnns. The staff were helpful and very friendly. This inn would be great for families, bike riders, bird watchers and those wanting a little escape. Did I mention the price???? Its so hard to get a quality bargin these days, but for $69.00 we definitely will be going back.

1 Thank Claudette R
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The cozy atmosphere of this quaint inn is so incredible. The staff does not make you feel like guests, they make you feel like friends. The rooms were far more than I expected for such a reasonable price. Idyllwild is one of my very favorite places, and I don't know that I'll stay anywhere else after experiencing such a hospitable environment. We were even included in the weekend BBQ festivities, I couldn't have been more satisfied. It was a truly magical experience. Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: #14 is my favorite
1 Thank BrianneR86
Bermuda Dunes
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We decided to escape the heat of the desert and travel to Idyllwild for the day. We came upon the charming Apple Blossom Inn and decided to check it out. The host and manager of the resort was very helpful and had a great sense of humor. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and loved the updated decor. Our room had a sofa sleeper for the kids and a nice size bed for my husband and I. We also had a small kitchen, table and chairs, and flat screen tv. I really liked that the Inn had BBQ's available on the grounds for guests to use. It was everything needed to just sit back and relax, while enjoying the fresh mountain air. I'm sure we'll stay at the Apple Blossom Inn again in the near future.

1 Thank Shannon M
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We had an opportunity to get away overnight and so hopped up to Idyllwild from the Desert. The Apple Blossom was close to town, a quick drive to to the OUTSTANDING culinary experience of Cafe Aroma and very easy to find. It was clean and cute and quiet. It had a full kitchen/living area to hang out in and a nice little bedroom and bath. We ended up sleeping on the hide-a-bed couch in front of the fire and next to the heater (and t.v.) We really enjoyed the cozy, romantic experience. Lon was inn-keeping this weekend, and he was very helpful in telling us about the area, the amenities (like a nice log!), and was as nice and could be...Thanks for the great experience Apple Blossom Inn!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jjabsolute
Lake Oswego
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Quaint, quiet place with fantastic hosts! Room was clean, comfortable, had everything I needed and then some; location was close to everything, but very peaceful and quiet. And they allowed my dog! The best part was the hosts, though - absolutely awesome. Very welcoming, truly cared about my stay and making sure I was comfortable - and even mailed my shoes back that I had left behind. I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The way it's laid out - they're all good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank KristiePlus3
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our overnight stay at The Apple Blossom in Idyllwild. We were looking for a quick get away from the desert which was an hour away. The central location was perfect or walking around town and was a short drive to our favorite restaurants. The 1 bedroom room suite with a kitchenette was a bonus as was the flat screen TV and fireplace. Wood was available in the office. The bed was very comfortable. This would be a great place to bring our kids and dog next time since the owners welcome pets. The rates were also very affordable and offered excellent value. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple