“Excellent stay and very friendly staff.”

Rodeway Inn Near LA Live
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Huntington Park
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights due to having work in downtown LA Convention Center. Located just 5 miles away. Checkin was smooth and quick. Room was upstairs and nicely furnished and bath room was very clean. TV was old style. One of the best wifi connection I have seen in a long while.
Their front staff was always eager to help, specially Mr Russo - he knows whats going around and is a real problem solver. Situated in a not very posh area but around the corner on a back parallel Pacific Ave is the main market with very good eating options. They have inside parking in a court yard kind of setting and it can be tight for a large vehicle but Mr Russo always managed to arrange for a parking spot. Breakfast was nothing much, but we were out early and came back late and had breakfast elsewhere. Its not the Ritz like someone else here has said but you can not beat the price and the convenience of being close to LA Downtown. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank D B

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The location was very convenient to where I was getting to the very next morning. (Staple Center) I took a Chance of the location only because of the price range it was at and I was on a budget, plus is was just my Husband & I and one night wouldn't hurt. But I must say, it was in a location South of LA so of course you wouldn't feel comfortable walking across to the Store some snacks or water. The room was out dated, there was a crockroach in the bathroom, the tiles needed to be replaced, bed was out of date, I didn't dare try to sleep under the covers, however I just laid on top of the comforters. Once we checked in I already knew I wasn't going to be comfortable! I was like a chicken peeking around--checking out the place. BUT I survived! We checked out at 5:00 am for the LA Half Marathon. Defiantly not a place where I will stay again or bring my children, but it was a roof over our heads for the night.

Room Tip: if your on a budget and just need a place to stay this hotel would be for you!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Deandra M
Reviewed January 2, 2014

It's an okay hotel - not great, but not the tragedy folks are writing up on this site. Yeah, the place needs some work - it's not the Ritz - but it's a no-frills, basic hotel with a very courteous staff. The only debit - and it's a major one -- is that it's far from everything and the area is pretty desolate - it's not as dangerous as many would claim, just don't wander around on your own at night...You need a car or a ride to get around...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights and what could I say, it was a pretty good stay. Good Wi-Fi, very friendly staff, great food places around especially Mexican food, decent rooms, and 5 minutes from downtown la. What more could I expect!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rockinjingles
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Whe found bunches of hair everywhere, and when I said bunches I really mean it, the place doesn't look safe at all, curtains were dirty and ripped, when we leave the building looking for a place to eat, the housekeeper came into our room and she just changed the towels she didnt swip or did anything else, also we saw spiderwebs on the corners of the walls, if you are looking for this place go to sleep under a bridge first I would be the same.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank travelersinluv
Reviewed June 30, 2013

For $50 in Los Angeles, I was extremely happy with this property. Good housekeeping, great front desk people. Extremely safe considering!! Tons of places to eat nearby.

Area was good, was scetchy driving-in from LA then it turned into a clean nice area.

The only complaint is wifi signal was faint. Still, at this rate it's a 10!

Room Tip: Be as close as possible to the front desk, that's were the internet signal is.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank davrodrg
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and I have to say that this hotel has been by far the best hotel in this area. Customer service is wonderful and the rooms are really neat and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel, Best choice!

• Stayed: June 2013
El Rancho Motel
#175 of 358 in Los Angeles
Dunes Inn - Wilshire
#250 of 358 in Los Angeles

Been to Rodeway Inn Near LA Live? Share your experiences!