“For an easy to please diner, I was completely underwhelmed.”
Review of King's Fish House

King's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Last night we chose to come here for date night, because we had always wanted to try it. With high expectations due to the crowd waiting to be seated, we gave our name and took our buzzer to wait on a bench outside. I noticed the beautiful wood walls, and self bragging quotes painted on them, and was ready to be amazed. Our wait wasn't too bad, and we were seated within 15 minutes.

Our waitress was friendly enough, and we looked over the menu. I was seeking a healthy dish, and thankfully there are a few grilled items. I was surprised that most dishes are prepared in a southern comfort manner - even the sides- very buttery, saucey, or greasy. There is a sushi option, which is a good fall back, but I didn't try it.

The problem with King's, which will prevent our return, is how loud the place is. It became the topic of our date night....not romantic. Clanking from the kitchen, some kid across the room making a straw into a whistle, clankingdiners dishes, bar noise, and loud conversation made me feel like I was dining in my old high school cafeteria 30 years ago. My spouse thought maybe the linoleum tiles had something to do with it. Whatever it was, I can say with confidence that there are tons of sea food spots in our area, so avoid this one for a date. Large groups would do well, and families.

But I am commenting on my personal experience, and rating it only. I tried the white bean and salmon soup and have one word to sum it up: GROSS. The rainbow trout was flavorful, thanks to being completely drenched in a lemon butter sauce. Taking the healthy out of fish. If you read my other reviews, you will see that I am not hard to please, generally. Our friendly waitress never refilled our drinks. Not once. That makes a 3 dollar tea seem even more expensive! That is quite a tea bag they are charging for. Speaking of prices - they are definately on the high side.

Our experience will definately result in a one time only visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Our business group of 12 chose King's on a local recommendation. We sat outside on the patio. The staff was very attentive and had good knowledge of items on the menu. They were very able in taking care of our large group and all the food came out together. There was a decent selection-prices were high. One of group ordered an oyster sampler which arrived quickly. The oysters were sitting in plenty of ice, with lemon, sauce and freshly grated horseradish. I ordered the salmon on a plank with grilled zucchini and grains. There was a good selection of side dishes. The salmon was very good with a bbq rub. I also had a bowl of King's Spicy Chowder which was great. My overall impression was that of the restaurant being a chain.

1  Thank nobadservice
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My fiance and I brought our parents here to celebrate our new engagement and have them meet for the first time. The waiter was very nice and patient- explaining all the different entree options and substitutions (my dad's a chef so he he can be a bit picky!) Our cocktails/wine glasses were always full as was the bread basket. I had the ceviche and oysters rockafeller, both were delicious. No one was left with leftovers so that says something about the food. When the waiter realized what we were celebrating he had us choose any dessert we wanted- on the house. We got the creme brulee which again was delicious. All in all it was a great experiance, and when the bill came I was happy to see that even with 6 of us dining and drinking the bill was still under $150!

Reviewed September 12, 2008

It was my fathers 57th birthday so we decided to try King's. What a mistake. The food was terrible. The clams were not tender, the scallops were over cooked. To top it off when the waiter opened our Champagne bottle the cork flew off onto another table and the Champagne shot all over the place. We were not even offerd a discount on the corkage fee. Overall the place was over priced crap!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook