“Best mexican food in HB”
Review of Las Barcas

Las Barcas
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Have lived down the street for years and this is my neighborhood Mexican food place - aren't I lucky! I like the mini taco cup

Reviewed August 22, 2012

When you walk into Las Barcas, it feels as though you are walking into a fast food chain. You order at the counter and then you find yourself a seat. The seating capacity is relatively small. The seating options inside are either booths, long tables, which you share with other patrons or high tables. There are a couple of tables outside also. It's very informal at Las Barcas with the seating arrangements. You'll see patrons who'll move chairs from one high table to another high table. As far as the food, it is very good. I ordered chimichangas and a carnitas taco, which were abundantly stuffed with shredded beef and carnitas respectfully. My wife ordered fish tacos and they were plentifully stuffed also. Nevertheless, it took 17 minutes for our order to arrive. That was too long of a time for the fast food atmosphere at Las Barcas. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll come back to Las Barcas. Finally, it's cash only so be ready to pay a fee at the ATM in Las Barcas, if you don't bring cash.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

They serve great Mexican food and burritos that you can't finish in one seating. Not much to look at, but locals flock here for the great food. I've been going to Las Barcas for over 20 years!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

What was once an affordable, well prepared, honest portion for priced restaurant, has now become an over priced, pompous, server of average food that can be found anywhere.
A pint of tasteless guacamole has shot from $6.50 to $8.50 without explanation or flavor, if you have to wait for 20 minutes for a take out burrito, they think it's acceptable and offer no apology.
It's just not worth the wait or the price...

1  Thank Jacovides
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Hubby and I have been searching for a good mexican restaurant since Cantamar closed a year ago, and I think that we found it. They have an excellent salsa bar, good chips (buit they don't taste homemade) and portions are large. The guacamole is killer. I had a Baja Fish taco, and it could have been a meal in itself. Huge corn tortilla and lots of fish. I also got a crucnhy taco with ground beef. The beef had excellent seasoning, but (unfortunately) the crispy taco shell tasted like it was store bought. Hubby had a Carne Asada burrito. The asada was good, but a little hidden in the beans. Overall, a good experience and we will go back.