“Good but not great”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This place is near my home so I check it out periodically. I ate there last week with a party of 3. Our dishes were good -- nothing more. I would return as the food is reliable but it is not particularly creative and definitely not unusual. zi wouldn't go out of my way for it.

One thing that really bothered us was the numerous smokers hanging around just outside the door who came from the martial arts studio next door. Although the law in California requires smokers to stay 20 feet from the entry of a business, the manager at the restaurant refused to ask the smokers to move and the smoke came into the restaurant making us very uncomfortable. The manager just said "There is nothing I can do." What a wimp. He could easily have asked the smokers to move.

Reviewed April 10, 2010

From the yummy appetizer herb infused bread and 2 great spreads, to the wonderful salads, entrees, and, especially the tiramisu, this intimate spot is my favorite! Having a dinner for just 2, or our pre fixe celebration for 12, they've been so accomodating. Now they're adding a wine bar & music, plus special monthly dinners...I'll be back more often.

Reviewed December 25, 2009

We chose this Italian restaurant because of the previous reviews and we had the best meal of our 3 week trip. The restaurant is in a suburban shopping mall, away from the tourist strip and full of locals. The staff were very welcoming, knowledgeable of the menu and gave prompt service. It has been running for 9 years and both the owners were serving on the night. We chose Chef’s Specials which included a soup or salad as a starter (both were excellent), the mains were a good size and the desserts were all home made. It is very well priced and we wish we had more time to go back again.

1  Thank robnshaz
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I travel a lot for work and have dined at many of the finest restaurants in the country and around the world. I have paid as much as $1,000 for dinner for two here in the US (Charlie Trotters Las Vegas) and more abroad. I don't mind one bit if it's worth it (Charlie Trotters was worth every penny).
I say this as a preamble to the statement that Sebastiani's is by far my favorite Bistro . Usually you can tell if a place is going to be any good before you even see the menu. If you get seated in a location better for the waiter than for you, the restaurant cares more about themselves than the customer. If they only have the pink sweetener, that usually means they are too cheap to purchase the more expensive blue and yellow packets and that will be reflected in the quality of the meal too. The bread speaks volumes about what is to come and so does the water.
Sebastiani's is so far beyond these basic concepts it's not even funny. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I have dined there many many times with my wife and friends, it is consistantly excellent in every way and very reasonably priced.

1  Thank donrds
Reviewed March 7, 2008

When Pablo first opened the restaurant in the corner of a tiny strip mall with no street visibility, no anchor grocery, and a very mixed business, didn't think the restaurnat would last. Happy to report, not only is it still here after many years, but, it is thriving. Pablo, his sister "MC", and the crew make every effort to greet and treat every customer like they are VIP's. Regulars get the "usual" and tips on what is good that night (everything is good!). They start you with some very good bread and a house dipping sauce (spicy marinara and green pesto). Nice wine selection, and very good specials. Pablo's kitchen makes a very good osso buco, raviolis, and veal dishes. He just installed a pizza oven, and we are looking forward to some mini-pizzas soon. Pablo also features special nights every month - Peruvian food pared with wines, Spanish flamenco night, etc. It doesn't have a large seating, so you are advised to make reservations for busy Friday/Saturday night -- or arrive early (5:30 pm) when they open. Bon appetito!

1  Thank YoshiHB