“Very good, 11 years ago, and still today. Clean and great location”

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Loved the waterfall at the entrance. The female desk clerk who checked us in was adamant that it was a non-smoking hotel. Our room was lovely, very clean and spacious. It had a coffee maker (Lavazza coffee) two robes, flat screen TV and desk, mini couch w/ ottoman. I had morning coffee on the lanai which was very peaceful! Our room near the elevator was very noisy and it was a 3-day holiday, but that was expected as the hotel was full. The sink water was very hot very quickly, and we loved the desk chair which was very comfortable. A big thank you to Andrew who got me coffee before the 6:30 am table was set up downstairs.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anonymousLosAngeles
There are newer reviews for The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel

Reviewed May 18, 2010

My husband and I were nervous about staying at this property... mostly because of a recent review about bed bugs. However, we had the hotel already booked and it was too late to change hotels, so we decided to test it out ourselves...First and foremost, this hotel showed absolutely no signs of bed bugs (trust me, we looked!) The room was clean, comfortable and we had a beautiful view of Huntington Beach. We also loved how warm the outdoor pool was! We are already planning our next trip to CA and we KNOW that we will be staying at this property when we return. If there ever was an issue with cleanliness, we never seen any signs of it!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWaterfrontGM, General Manager at The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

Dear Sarparker, Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay here at the Waterfront Beach Resort. It is so nice to hear that you had a great experience with us. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

Last month, I stayed at Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort for 2 nights while traveling for business. From the moment I walked in the door the service was impeccable. My room was spotless and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The amenities at this resort were great as well and perfect for squeezing in a few minutes to myself, including an oceanfront pool and workout room. I ate at Shades Restaurant and Bar a few times during my stay, and the food was absolutely amazing and fresh. I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone traveling on business or leisure!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank morgantravel
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Please DO NOT stay at this hotel. My fiance's brother and his wife woke up to severe bed bug bites. They saw a doctor immediately after we got from vacation, who confirmed it was bed bugs. We actually got to see ten or twelve of these guys crawling around their bedding, too bad it was after they had slept a full 8 hours. The manager took about 15 minutes to come to the room and seemed to care less. He refunded our room charges (yes, we paid for valet!) and offered free breakfast...like we would want to eat there after that! We have since emailed the general manager.
Bed Bugs travel, our luggage and clothing was ruined and tossed because we didn't want them to infest our homes.
I adore the Hilton family of hotels, but this is just uncalled for. These bed bugs were large enough to see while changing the sheets.
My poor sister in law spent the remainder of our vacation miserable, she wasn't able to go to the beach or enjoy the wedding we were in town to attend.
It's a shame such a lovely hotel can't keep the bed bugs out. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank SweetAmy218
HiltonWaterfrontGM, General Manager at The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2010

Dear SweetAmy218,
I have been in correspondence with your fiance's brother and his wife with regards to this matter. We take great pride in the success of our property and our Housekeeping team has an exceptional track record. I sincerely regret how thier experience may have impacted the time they spent with us. The Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort has an impeccable reputation and your continued loyalty and patronage to Hilton Hotels is very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 22, 2010

We stayed a couple nights in Huntington Beach after a trip to Disneyland. We wanted a relaxing time at the beach in a place that also had a pool. The view was very nice (we chose a northern view)- but as with most CA properties, the hotel is across the street from the beach. Location-wise, this is exactly what we wanted (to be close to the beach). The hotel's also close to Main street which has lots of shops and places to eat. The kids really enjoyed the nice-sized, heated pool. We were able to borrow towels and take them to the beach, as well. The room was a good size (I didn't think it was small as one reviewer stated) with a balcony. The bathroom wasn't large and there is no separate shower - but the toiletries were nice. Three annoying things: 1) you have to pay for wi-fi--there is even a charge for going on the Internet in the business center, although it's prob free to print out boarding passes - but not sure since I was starting a business trip, 2) valet parking is mandatory (although the attendants were very fast, the hotel was empty - if the hotel was full, I don't know how they'd handle the volume), and 3) the refrigerator had a sensor that if you moved anything, one would get charged. I knew these issues when I made the reservation - and did look into booking the Hyatt but couldn't b/c it was sold out for some reason. Even so, the Hyatt also requires one to pay valet and charges for wi-fi too. I found this hotel to seem more like a business hotel than a resort hotel even though the pool area was quite nice. We didn't eat in the restaurant at all - when we were there they only had Sunday brunch - we just wanted a quick breakfast before going to the pool and beach (so we ate at IHOP on main street - not our 1st choice, but the Sugar Shack was packed, as was most of the restaurants that morning). I thought the value for the room was good except for the extra charges I noted above.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nbm5b
Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed 1 night (Sat night) for Easter. We asked for a king bed with a sofa sleeper, but they do not have sofa sleepers. They do have a roll away (twin) which for a 15-yrs old high school student is rather small. We opted for the double/double. We were on the top floor. The view was great. The room was really small. The beds were not comfortable. The service was great! They did not have an executive floor (we are HHonors Diamond members), but we received 3 - $14.00 off coupons for breakfast, (or free cold continental breakfast) and 20% off dining at the Shades Restaurant. Breakfast was very good and for the 3 of us after the coupons (did the hot buffet), was $21.00. I would stay here again only for the location to the beach.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank susie6505
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed at the resort from March 14- 20, 2010. When we arrived our room was ready for check-in. It was emmaculate and beautiful with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. The beds are so comfortable. The pool is relaxing, warm and very clean as is the jacuzzi pool There are plenty of lounge chairs and fresh towels all the time. The staff is so courteous and friendly and helpful. They could not do enough for us. We needed to do laundry during our trip and they even provided the soap at no charge. The complimentary shuttle to Main St. is so nice and convienent. The Concierge staff was always available and went out of their way to find things for us to do. The only negative would be that the restaurant is very pricey and the food is just mediocre. However, there are plenty of restaurants within the area as well as at the Hyatt next door. The onsite fitness center is amazing! We definitely recommend this place and would consider returning again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank GoofyChicago_Il
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
#5 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#8 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!