We had a wonderful, enjoyable and relaxing stay at this hotel.
The room was roomy with a beautiful view. We were in the Catalina Suite. It's a corner suite. It's on the 11th floor, stunning view. The balcony wrapped around from the front with an ocean view in the front to the side of the hotel where you could see much of the city. There is some construction going on next door, but that is a minor sight compared to the expansive view of the pool on the ground floor and the view of Huntington Beach, the city.
In addition to the beautiful room, the people working at the hotel were extraordinary. Every service person was polite and cheerful and always ready to be of service if you asked but never intrusive.
Sophia cleaned our room every day. I asked her how long she was with the hotel. She said 14 years. I was happy to hear that they treat their employees so well that they would stay 14 years. She was always pleasant and kept the room exactly how we liked it.
Anthony was our bellhop. From the moment he took our things to the room, he was there for us whenever we needed him. He initially brought us to the room, explained all the things about the room, told us what times we could see the best sights over the Pacific Ocean with the sun rising and setting. He was a wealth of information about the room, the city and the hotel. Throughout our stay we would see him in the hotel and always had a smile, was engaging and wanted to help us if we needed. My whole family got to know him very well. It was fun. Everyone got to know Anthony. It was like he was part of the family vacation. :)
Scott was a man I'd always see around the first floor. I'm not sure of his position. He'd smile and one time asked if there was anything we needed. One night I asked him if it was okay for us to go sit at the fire pit that is on in the evenings by the pool. (I didn't know if that was for private parties). He said, "Sure, you can go to the fire pit." He continued and said, "This is your home for your stay. You are welcome everywhere." It was so delightful. We felt so welcome.
I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it all was. Not ONE person working at the hotel appeared unhappy to be of service and who I label as "having a 'tude." We were there four nights.
We will be going again next year and the year after that. I generally don't like going to the same place every year. I like to go different places every year, different areas. But since we were treated so royally, we all said we look forward to going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel is located on the picturesque coastline of Southern California, in the heart of Surf City USA™ in Huntington Beach, California. Book a room or oceanview suite and enjoy proximity to Disneyland(R) Resort, Knott's Berry Farm and the Aquarium of the Pacific. Join us for lunch or dinner at the famous Shades Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelPower, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waterfront Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hilton Huntington Beach
- Hilton Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort