“Great Location”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sacramento, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great location - walk to the beach and attractions. Beautiful rooms - spacious, clean, lovely bathrooms, great view of the ocean. Beautiful pool overlooking the Pacific and nice outdoor dining onsite. Only downside, we could hear neighbors in the hall occassionally and I should have chosen a hotel with a more mellow atmosphere for relaxation; but, they are very dog-friendly and I brought my little dog and she had a great time = they treat your pets fantastically! This hotel is better suited for younger travelers or families rather than relaxation I feel. I was looking for more of a spa retreat. However, the location was fantastic, it was very clean, and the restaurant was great! Fantastic pool area!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
chandler
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We traveled with a party of 20 people for a 3 night 4 day getaway and found the Hilton to be much more conservative then prior visits. The evening security staff was borderline STALKING guests within our party. I had the privilege of walking down the hall to see a security guard at 10:30pm standing in front of one of our group members room. When addressed he shared he heard "rattling." He hurried on his way down the hall looking back multiple times with a very suspicious look. During our evening activites such as hanging around a fire and enjoying wine outside of the bar the security guard must have passed by a minimum of 5 time in a span of 60 minutes. Beaches are a destination to visit with the intent to have fun. If you are younger than 35 and still like to have fun I'd strongly recommend making reservations at another hotel. The security staff made the experience VERY uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sergio b
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here since we always stay at Hilton's across the country and they usually are incredible. I was very disappointed by the accommodations for the price. I couldn't sleep well because the "queen" beds are really an oversized twin bed. In fact, my son's roll away bed was just a few inches smaller. The beds were very uncomfortable and then I get woken up early by someone being VERY loud in room upstairs not to mention the noise out in hall. We were with children but it didn't stop the drunks from hitting on me in the elevator! Not many classy people around here after 9pm and very loud! I'm very upset by this Hilton and I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending this to anyone especially for 400.00+ a night and you have to pay for valet! Location is nice but not worth it! We will be back in HB next month and I think I will enjoy staying at the Comfort Suites before I even think about staying here again! Mr. Hilton needs to up the quality of this place and not the price!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank chillersnm
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The accomodations and staff at the Hilton Waterfront are exceptional. We stayed in a sunset/pier view room with awesome views of Main Street, the pier and the ocean. Defintiley worth a bit extra to experience the view everytime going onto the balcony. The Surf Hero market is a great place for coffee and lunch/drinks by the pool. Bell, valet and front desk staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors to get good sunset views. Lower floors may have obstructed view due to trees a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oregon
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed two nights with my girlfriend. Very good service and friendly staff. Had a nice view of the beach -- the only downside of that was that we were right across from the starting line of the Ragnar So-Cal Relay Race from Huntington Beach. Not the hotel's fault, but the teams started at 5:00 am, with an announcer on a loudspeaker, lots of honking & cheering, etc... Might have asked for a different room if we had known what was coming.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwb-oregon
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have just returned from a week at the Waterfront Beach Resort Hilton in Huntington Beach CA.
The location is great, the facilities the pool etc are first rate, the pool staff were always friendly and ready to assist you with your requests, whether you were staying by the pool or going to the beach.
The valet guys were amazing and a credit to the hotel, they were so helpful, polite and informative, they made it a pleasure to return each day, they are the best set of valet guys I have ever come across on my travels, they go the extra mile for you every day, and with good humour and always a smile.
Reception staff were friendly and very helpful, the Shades restaurant must have the best chefs around as the food was always excellent. Restaurant staff were excellent, attentive but not intrusive.
The room we had was 1014 and the view was over the pool and looking out to the beach and the ocean. Room was furnished well with a very comfortable bed.
The public areas were clean and well furnished, bright and airy.
The only thing we found to let the hotel down was the housekeeping, our room was dusty when we checked in, very bad on the night tables with the books underneath thick in dust. It didnt get any better the only things that seemed to be cleaned daily were the bath,sink and we got clean towels. It didnt by any means spoil our stay but I think maybe the hotel should take a closer look at the department that has some staff in it which let down the rest of a very good team.
Overall this is an excellent hotel with fantastic staff, great food, great location, and excellent facilities.

Room Tip: room 1014 was overlooking the pool with beach and ocean view, very quiet no disturbance from the poo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ana c
, Public Relations Manager at The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear ana c.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here at The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel. In all my time at the resort I don't think kinder words have ever been said to or about our valets. These guys really do try to keep it all together for us (while wearing our their sprinting shoes all the time!). They are your first impression upon arrival and often the last you see here at the resort...and that can make all the difference in world.

As for the rest of our staff (poolside especially), they are a constant source of pride for us all. With summer season in "full bloom", this is an area that can really make or break a stay with us. I am so proud our team did not disappoint you...and I will be sure to share this with all of them as well.

It would seem to me however, based on the last few reviews, we may need some "polishing up" (as it were) with our housekeeping duties. I'm not one to make excuses so suffice it to say that your words have not fallen on deaf ears and the appropriate actions will be taken to make the necessary corrections with our staff and proceedures. It was very helpful to let me know the exact room you were in as well, so thank you for that.

If and when you decide to return to Surf City USA, I certainly hope you decide to stay with us again. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Scott O'Hanlon
Director of Marketing
The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel
Toulouse, France
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is great! The staff were so friendly and eager to help. Our room was big with a wonderful view of the ocean and pier. The beach was just across the road. The hotel assist guests by lending towels, chairs, sun umbrellas free of charge! The restaurant provided a good choice for breakfast which was good quality. The pool area was nice with plenty poolside beds available. There is also a separate shop/ bar for snacks, amenities etc. and an unusual feature of external hot coal ( gas) fires which you can gather round in cooler weather.
The air conditioning in the room is surprisingly quiet, and keeps the room at the temperature which you set.
My review is shorter than normal because I don't really have many negative comments.

I was not too happy about the forced valet parking. I feel I am capable of parking by myself and I don't mind a small daily fee like we may have in Europe. $22 per day can add up to quite a sum if you are staying long enough. Our only other negative point was that the bedroom toilets were not quite scrubbed. Interesting that you can see similar comments from other previous guests. Come on Hilton - provide a loo brush to the chambermaids please!

All in all , do not let the negative comments put you off this hotel. It is so relaxing, well looked after, spacious. It is less than 10 minutes to walk to the shops and numerous restaurants. The beach is great - sea is cooler than we are used to - with plenty life guards watching. Take a walk to the pier and marvel at the surfers showing their skills. Great hotel for a holiday.

Room Tip: I would suggest an ocean view for sunset. This gives a bright room for most of the day and a good vi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Simon P
Dear Simon P.,

Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay with us here at The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel. We are so pleased you chose us for your stay and the staff will be thrilled by your kind words. We really do a substantial amount of training to achieve the levels of service you expect and enjoy while here in Huntington Beach.

As you can well imagine, parking is always an issue in Southern California (and even more challenging on our coastal beaches). Our only way to provide safe and secure parking for all of our guests is to have a "valet only" service. Hopefully the lack of any kind of resort fee (or any other hidden hotel charges) more than made up for your parking. To those considering staying with us in the future, I would like to recommend taking a shuttle to and from the airport thus eliminating the need for a car.. We have a house car at your disposal to take you around the area...and if you truly need a car for a day to yourself, the concierge can arrange for door-to-door drop offs right here at the resort.

I have also shared your concerns with our director of housekeeping regarding the care of your guest bathroom. I will personally follow up with her and make certain this is not an area of concern for us. The last thing I want is you to be dissatisfied with us in any way.

Again, many thanks for staying with us and please come back soon!

Scott O'Hanlon
Director of Marketing
The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#8 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!