“Never again! No service! Yuch!”

Hotel Huntington Beach
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Saint Paul, MN
“Never again! No service! Yuch!”
Reviewed September 24, 2005

I visit OC a few times each year on business and I really wanted to find a smallish hotel that is easy on my expense account, but THIS IS NOT THE PLACE! I stayed for two nights - with a break in the middle for one night in San Diego. I saw three rooms - the first room was so disgusting with stains on the carpet and garbage in the trash can and dirty, dirty bathroom, I immediately returned to the desk and got a somewhat cleaner room. After a night of enduring loud people in the hall and the elevator that does not work properly, I was terrified to return after my stay in San Diego. Upon my return I was given an even worse room than the first - stains on walls and carpet, a large hole in one of the walls, the air conditioner was broken. After requesting a different room, I was told that the hotel was sold out and this was my only choice. After an 1-1/2 hour wait in the disgusting lobby full of soiled furniture, I returned to a repaired air conditioner but the room was still a disaster. I tried calling around - the Hilton or Hyatt on the beach - but they were sold out. After another long night, I checked out only to be told they could not print out my bill as their printer did not work.
I can't say anything nice about the hotel except that they had running water and electricity. No internet, terrible service, scary elevators, nasty rooms, not a very good neighborhood. The rooms were so dirty I did not try the restaurant. Yuch!!

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank BridgetF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed August 15, 2005

I have to start off by saying that I stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago, and I thought it was wonderful! BUT.... 2 years have not been good to this hotel!! (must have just turned 40!just kidding) We checked-in in the evening and we were tired, my husband asked for a luggage cart and they could not located one, so send out a very unpleasant man to help us with our luggage. We got into the room, the first thing you see is a huge orange stain on the rug, then all the other black gross looking stains start to pop! The bathroom smelled of mildew and the bathtub mat was so old and smelly it was brittle when i tossed it into the corner trying to get it away from my kids! The breaking point was the tv remote controller was being held together with a BAND-AID!! YUCKY!YUCKY YUCKY!! When we told the front desk of this, they offered us a discount! Please...that is not what I want...we just wanted out of there!!

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank LasVegasIsHome

Travelers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

Reviewed July 26, 2005

The drive: We drove from Phoenix, Az. and besides getting confused by the freeways, and making a wrong exit we finally found it. The hotel is literally right off the 405 freeway. Beach Blvd. (the 39) is definetly a great backup plan to use if you ever get lost. You either take it to the PCH (the beach) or go by several freeways towards Knotts Berry Farm.

The location: The hotel is surrounded by corporate office buildings and across from a parking garage that is in the process of being built. The view from our room was the lovely construction being done on the garage. I didnt complain because it was either that or a view of the freeway. My boyfriend and I stayed at this resort because of the location to the beach and disneyland. Disneyland is about a 15 min drive if that. And I cant forget about the helicopter that was assisting the construction crew that woke us up Monday morning around 6:30am and back again Tues. morning around 10:15am. We left Tuesday afternoon so I dont know about the rest of the week. Parking is free and they have an underground garage as well as above level parking.

The room: We stayed in a king executive suite #434. When I booked this I did not know what to expect. As the door opened into our room we walked in and looked around. It was huge, almost as if they combined 2 rooms to make ours. There was 2 almost "lazy boy" looking chairs, a couch and 2 kitchen table looking chairs along with a king size bed. And coffee tables galore so you always had a place to set things down. There is your typical hotel bathroom (nothing fancy) and of course an amoir with the tv inside. We were in a corner room so our windows went across from one wall and then around to the other. So now for the negatives, our room had huge stains all over the floor ranging in size and color. There was a wet spot (dont know from what or why it was there) on the floor beside the couch, the bathroom shower had either mildew growing on it or something I didnt want to know about. The television stations do not provide any movie channels, and is very limited to a few of the regular stations. I did purchase a movie and it was $12 after taxes. A little expensive but about the same price (maybe a little cheaper) then you would pay to go to the movie theatre. The bed is firm and the couches are comfortable. The air conditioning in the room works wonderfully. Coming from 116 degree days with 60% humidity in Az I love air conditioning. However in the evenings you didnt need it.

Room service: We ordered room service for breakfast the 2 days we were there and it was disgusting. Extremely expensive and unsatisfying. I ordered the eggs, country potatoes (hashbrown), juice, and sausage. The eggs I ordered scrambled were not that bad, however the sausage was slimy, chewy, and tasted funny. My boyfriend ordered french toast and sausage, he couldnt even finish his meal because by the time we got it he wasnt hungary anymore. The next morning I played it safe by ordering cereal and strawberries and he ordered the danish, blueberry, juice meal. We were both satisfied with the simple breakfast. Be careful when you pay the gratuities are included.

The pool and spa: Never made it there.

Customer Service: Very helpful, and always available. Even when there was a line for check out it went very smoothly and fast. Jason was very nice and outgoing. We never complained about our room due to the fact we were only in it to sleep. But for future mini vacations we will not stay at this property.

I will include photos of our room and view so make sure to check back.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank Jana S
New York
Reviewed July 17, 2005

This hotel has all the services and amenities you'll find in a Hilton, but their prices are closer to the Choice hotels.

Great rooms, pool, full service restaurant, bar, free parking, right off the freeway, courteous service.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
New York City
Reviewed June 19, 2005

This hotel was great. The parking is free. Our room was clean and quite large. There were no visible stains in our room. It was quite. The hotel is right off the higway so getting there was very easy.

The only bad thing...its not really near anything. Its abuot a 2 minutes drive to Disney, which isn't so bad, but it is behind a new mall that is being built so the area is kind of dea. But it is off Beach Boulevard which is a main street. I would have put the hotel closer to the beach and on Beach boulevard and itwould have been perfect.

• Stayed May 2005
Burlington Ontario
Reviewed May 26, 2005

Recently stayed 2 nights at the Hotel HB with the surf and sun package, staff and manager very friendly and helpful, and bent over backwards to make us happy and arrange surf lessons. Rooms are very clean, comfortable and quiet. Glad we had a car for the location, but would recommend it to anyone.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 24, 2005

I expect more than I should at times...you can read what I wrote about Days Inn in Encenitas. This place however is one of the best I have stayed in...at least for the money. Got it for $50 through Hotwire, and felt I got more the buck here than anywhere else I have ever stayed. The staff went way beyond what I would ever expect, some of the kindest and most corteous people anywhere. I would stay here again anytime..at twice what I paid!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member