All reviews surf city short drive to the beach room was clean pool and hot tub extra pillows beach blvd pancake machine best westerns yogurt the breakfast area would stay again third floor continental breakfast main street motel bw theresa
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

Clean, staff was outstanding. Good stay for the price. I was there on business, I had left before breakfast. I requested extra coffee for my room and the manager brought it to my room right away. I like the express check out because I leave very early and they sent my receipt the next day which helps out on my expense report.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Seaside46215104213
Reviewed February 18, 2019

We stayed at this motel for three days. During these three days,we were never given clean towels, never had the beds made, never had supplies replenished. We asked the maid if we could have the room cleaned. They answered in broken English that it would be done. I finally went to the front desk to complain, get clean towels, and coffe and creamer. The attendant informed me that they were out of coffee. I explained the situation to him but got no results. A VERY bad place to stay, the worst ever!!!

Room tip: Stay on second floor and close to office
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Mihir M, General Manager at Best Western Surf City, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

Hello Brian, I'm very sorry to hear your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations with your room not being serviced. I'll address this directly with my housekeeping department as part of the training. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and we'll work harder to improve on the issue you had experienced.

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

We have just left the hotel after a 6 day stay, and can only say good things about it! The staff were all extremely kind and helpful, the room was great, and the complimentary breakfast was great also! The room was spacious and modern, and had all amenities that we needed! Thanks for an amazing stay!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alice195195
Reviewed February 13, 2019

Good customer service. The front desk people were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was great. The variety and quality was more than expected - it had hot items, cold items and different juices. Very good!

Room tip: towards the back to avoid the noise of the street
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2019

This motel offers a good breakfast. It's buffet style, and I especially liked the condiments for the hot oatmeal which included chocolate chips and sprinkles. The serve yourself yogurt machine was in-operable but tiny cups of yogurt were available in a bunch of flavors. You could also have pancakes which were spit out from a machine after you push a button. As for the motel, itself, the rooms have been remodeled but still look old. It was probably the mundane furnishings. My bed mattress was fairly soft and there were plenty of pillows. Even though the motel fronts busy Beach Blvd, I didn't find it too noisy. My room had both a small fridge and a microwave. You can buy some snacks at the reception; but there's a Trader Joe's up by Ellis. As for the TV, lots of stations but the connection in my room was real iffy and the set would turn to no signal every so often. I learned to reboot it. Whatever you do, if this happens, don't unplug. The motel has free parking, but oversize vehicles might have a problem fitting. The ocean front is about 2.5 miles south southwest on Beach Blvd. You can find free parking on beach area residential streets but note the signed restrictions. If you park in a beach lot and expect to stay the day, budget $15.

Room tip: Elevator is near the Beach Blvd side.
Trip type: Traveled solo