“small but does the job...”

Best Friend Dog Park
Huntington Beach, California
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“small but does the job...”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

OK have bought my larger dog here a several trips and each time he just wanted to sit by me! but seriously - other dogs was seen frolicking with each other - and they seem to like it - wood chips filled and have separate areas - 1 for smaller breeds and 1 for larger dogs - though it's up the owners to decide where the dogs can run unleash ...

not very big if you have a large breed but enough room vs inside a house...enough 'seating' for the people that comes with the dogs - older plastic lounge chairs and a few benches , shade too, if you prefer that -

yes HB is fairly dog friendly - a DOG BEACH on PCH and yes a DOGGIE menu restaurant - least than a 0.5 mi away - Park Bench Cafe !

Visited February 2014

Huntington Beach, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Perfect little park for a fam with dogs!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Most of the other dogs are very good with each other and it is close by and has a ton of shade. Not good if your dog likes to chase ducks INTO the lake... : (

Visited September 2012
Huntington Beach, California, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Weekly Trips”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our lab puppy loves coming here and gets so excited when we are pulling into the parking lot as he knows where he is at. The other dog owners that visit are all very friendly.

Visited June 2013
HB
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“doggie play time”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

i always love playing in the ocean and it is just so much better with your better half with you....... no i dont mean your husband or wife!!!! I MEAN YOUR BETTER HALF! THE LOYAL ONE. dog beach and dog park are so cool.. they love the fact that they can run free. no leash., most dogs are very friendly too. LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Visited July 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“2nd Time to a Dog Park Ever, 1st time at a Beach Dog Park in the O.C.”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have only been to one other dog park in the O.C and that was at the Bark Park in Costa Mesa, Ca. That one was okay, it had a small gated area for smaller/older dogs n bigger gated area for larger dogs. It had patchy dirt grass n is okay. I give it 3/5 stars. Compared to that dog park the Huntington Beach Dog Park was great!

I was nervous about letting my Jack Russell/Maltese Mix run around with out a leash because he is difficult to catch when unleashed. Lol. Parking may be a problem, is meter parking until 6 pm I think. They have free doggie bags their too right before u walk down into the beach. Very convenient too since I forgot some doggie bags!

I have to say, there were a lot of dogs there running around unleashed n leashed having a blast! Tons of dogs running into the water n having a ball. My dog Dexter was having a great time there n me and boyfriend definetely could tell. He looked so happy meeting other dogs n sniffing everything. It was great 5o take a nice walk on the beach. There were no bad experiences here. Everyone we mingled with n my dog mingled with was very friendly n considerate of others. I highly recommend going to this dog park. We all had a great time! Dexter can't wait to go back :)

2 Thank barbaradexter1