“Great Place. ...But No Water”

Huntington Dog Beach
“Great Place. ...But No Water”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

What a great experience. I was there with my wife and four kids. The people were friendly and helpful and almost all the dogs were well behaved.
The beach itself was well maintained and clean. The public restrooms however were a different story. With all of the parking fees and taxes that city collects there should be running water in the bathroom.
Still, it was an enjoyable experience.

Huntington Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dog Beach”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Huntington Dog Beach is amazing, to be able to sit or walk the beach with your Dog or Dogs is great. This beach is clean, everyone is very respectful or the beach and each other. Their are plenty of Dogs off leash running and playing and yet is safe and friendly. A great beach, even if you havent got a dog.

1 Thank Denise D
Huntington Beach, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A romp in the surf; my favorite!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The dog beach is a delightful place. Dogs (and people) of all sorts meat and mingle and play in the sand and surf (at least the dogs do). Dogs are generally well behaved and too busy enjoying themselves to fight. If you are lucky you may see a doggy surfing contest (no lie). And pick up a dig beach T-shirt.

La Jolla, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dog Beach”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I think it is great that there is a place like this where people can take their dogs. The dog owners keep the beach nice and the dogs seem very happy. I hope that the city continues to let dog beach stay as it is.

1 Thank Randy B
Los Angeles, California
221 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“I've never seen so many happy dogs in one place!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I decided to try out this beach since I am a new dog owner. I wasn't really sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised to find this beach really no different than a normal beach. It was very clean and owners and dogs alike were very respectful of one another. I have a tiny teacup Yorkie and he could not have been any happier unless I took him to Disneyland. He had a blast running in the sand and mingling with both small and large dogs. Most dogs are happiest off leash but we kept him on at the beginning just to be safe. We quickly realized he was in no danger of other dogs as they were all very well mannered so free he became. Both my kids and I had a great time here with him. We will definitely be back.

Note on the parking: The cost was $1.50 an hour and the machines took cash or cards so that was a great deal I thought.

1 Thank Caroline L