“"One of a kind"”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Capone's Cucina is anything but criminal! This one-of-kind is no cookie cutter, chain Italian restaurant but a charming, cozy eatery with outstanding entres and appetizers and delicious desserts. Plus the extensive wine collection was impressive. The staff was very personable and treated us well; the family atmosphere was noticeable right away. We hope to go back someday since we live in another state but we highly recommend this "cucina"!

2  Thank KittyKahtKelley

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love this place for a weeknight dinner for so many reasons! I had always passed it thinking it was in such a strange spot and wondered what it was like inside. Finally, I decided to put an end to the mystery.

The first thing I noticed when I went for the first time was the owner, Dino, walking around and chatting with the regulars as well as new patrons. How many restaurants do you find these days where the owner treats you like family and greets you at your table? I'm from the South and miss the hospitality so I come to Capone's to find it. It has a strong family feel and I always feel like I'm sitting in Dino's living room and we are special guests.

I love the food. Although I have my favorites, I've never ordered anything that I didn't like. The waitstaff is always helpful in helping with variations of some dishes since I don't like short pasta. Service is always impeccable when I'm there.

First time? Order one of my favorites: Carciofi Alla "Dino"
I love this dish. I love a slight Cajun taste but most places over spice it making the taste overwhelming. Not here. The best part? Sopping up the creamy sauce with your piping hot bread! Just don't overdo it or you won't have room for your dinner.

I'll continue to support this place--small family-oriented places are becoming a thing of the past so I hope the ambience continues at Capone's for a long long time!

Don't forget to check out their other newer restaurants: Mona Lisa and Black Trumpet.

1  Thank DnllJns
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Capone's offers a nice selection of southern & northern dishes at fair prices at lunch & dinner. All of the pastas are pretty good here, but especially the ones with seafood. Nothing knocks your socks off, OTOH hardly ever does anything disappoint. IOHO their sister restaurant Mona Lisa on Adams merits 5*s, but is much smaller and often overcrowded.

1  Thank bernardoOC
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place is a hidden gem...tucked inside a shopping plaza. When you walk inside you are transformed into a North End style Italian restaurant where the smells will just drive your nose crazy as you try to decide which dish you want to try. From the bread and appetizers to the wine and pizza...you will not be disappointed. The inside seating is pretty tight....so don't expect a romantic dinner if you are on a date. It's a little noisy and crowded, but feels like you are part of a big Italian family. Mungia!

3  Thank Cheryl D
Reviewed January 2, 2013

While visiting our daughter in Huntington Beach for Christmas, we planned a family dinner at Capone's Cucina - due to TA reviews/recommendations. What a great place! The portions are huge, the food and service excellent. We started out with the Bruschetta, which was plenty for the four of us. I had the Eggplant Parmigiano, my husband had the Cioppino “Dino” (Seafood stew), our daughter had the Ravioli Con Spinaci, and our son had the Lasagna “CAPONE”. All portions were huge and the food was delicious. This restaurant is in a shopping center (next to L & L Hawaiian) so we were not sure how the atmosphere would be, but once we stepped inside, what a surprise! The decor is warm and inviting & classy. Highly recommend!

3  Thank KamaainaFromKona