“Absolute Perfection”

Add it.
Bubba Sweets
Ranked #303 of 609 Restaurants in Huntington Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I couldn't resist two trips to this little piece of heaven on a recent trip to Orange County. First time there I got one chocolate peanut butter and one lemon to share with the BF and the second time I took my mom because I couldn't stop talking about it. We got a 7up and a smore cupcake to share as well. I don't remember the snazzy names they had for each flavor I tried but those are my simple descriptions. The first time I was truly not hungry so we saved the choc pb and lemon for a post run breakfast the next morning. The girl working gave me a free cake pop (oreo). I did eat the cake pop right away. Best thing I have ever eaten. This just made me more excited to eat the cupcakes. The cake is a great consistency. Actually a little more dense and less moist than some I've had. Sounds like an odd thing to say but the best way I can think of to describe it. I would say of the four flavors I tried, the smore was probably my least favorite. It was great really, I just found the other flavors a little more tasty. I can't really say which was my favorite because they all had a distinct different yet rich taste. The icing was totally fantastic as well. It was not overly sweet and just really worked well flavor wise and texture wise with the cake. The 7 up cupcake actually tasted carbonated. I would absolutely recommend a visit to Bubba Sweets without hesitation!!

There are newer reviews for Bubba Sweets

Reviewed October 31, 2012

PMS Cure is Hershey's chocolate cake, caramel buttercream, filled and topped with sea salt caramel. The chocolate cake was moist and the scent of chocolate will fill your senses. The caramel buttercream was creamy with a subtle caramel flavor. The star of the cupcake was the homemade caramel. It's gooey like it just came out of the vat and just before it hits the candy stage. It was velvety and sensual. Don't forget the middle. Inside you'll find salted caramel for that sweet and salty balance. Thumbs up, way up!

Nutty Professor is Peanut butter cake, peanut butter filling, peanut butter Swiss buttercream, and topped with mini peanut buttercup. The cupcake was moist and had a slight peanut butter flavor. The frosting is out of this world! It's creamy and light as a cloud and infused with the essence of peanut butter. The chopped peanuts and sugar crystals added a crunchy texture you don't expect in a cupcake. The mini peanut butter cup on the top seals the deal! Thumbs up, way up!

Obama-nation is maple spice cake, maple buttercream, and topped with caramelized bacon. The cupcake (family recipe Hershey's chocolate cake) was moist and spongy. The frosting was decadent with a strong chocolate flavor. "But, there's bacon on my cupcake?" you say. Yes, there is and it's REALLY GOOD! The maple flavor hits you first. The bacon texture makes you chew a bit, like you're eating coconut. The smoky, salty flavor starts to emerge adding that perfect sweet & salty balance. Thumbs up, way up!

Willy Wonka is Hershey's chocolate chip cake, chocolate cream cheese frosting, and topped with chocolate chips. This is a chocoholic's dream cupcake. The chocolate chips are everywhere - evenly dispersed inside the cupcake as well as on top of the frosting. The chocolate cream cheese frosting is very different than what you're probably used to. It's a little heavier than the buttercream and almost tastes like a dollop of chocolate cheesecake on top of the cupcake. Thumbs up, way up!

Strawberry Cheesecake is graham cracker crust, vanilla cake, cheesecake filling, strawberry Swiss buttercream, and topped with a strawberry. The vanilla cake was moist, but used more like a vehicle to showcase the other flavors in this cupcake. The strawberry buttercream was heavenly like the Strawberry Lemonade. The cheesecake filling just jumped out at you with that cheesecake flavor you know and love. Combined with the buttercream, it was fantastic dairy delight. Thumbs up, way up!

Some More is the Hershey's chocolate cake, topped with marshmallow buttercream, dipped in chocolate, and topped with graham cracker crumbs. OMG - this is deliciously orgasmic! One of my favorite combinations is chocolate and marshmallow. I love that it looks like a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. It all works together and reminds you of s'mores but in a fluffy cupcake form. Thumbs up, way up!

Katy Perry is chocolate strawberry cake, strawberry filling, Swiss strawberry buttercream, and topped with a chocolate covered strawberry. "I ate a cupcake and I liked it, the taste of strawberry fantasy..." You get my drift. The cupcake was even decorated in colors you could totally see Katy Perry wearing. If you like strawberries and chocolate, this is the cupcake for you. Thumbs up, way up!

1  Thank OCFoodDiva
Reviewed July 14, 2012

These cupcakes are GOOD. I didn't think there would be anything special about a simple cupcake, however I tried one and was hooked. Excellent combinations of unlikely flavors (such as sea salt and caramel) make this way better than a typical cake shop. The only "con" is I wish there were MORE to choose from!

PS- if it's your first visit, they'll even give you a free cake pop.

1  Thank classicdj