“Good Breakfast place”
Review of Jon's Coffee Shop

Jon's Coffee Shop
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 2, 2017

My husband and I went there for breakfast on Friday. The staff was friendly, the service prompt and the servings very generous. In short, we had a great breakfast. From our observations, there was a constant stream of customers coming in while we were eating, another good sign. In the future, we will be going back for breakfast.

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Good place to go for breakfast. It is pricier than most breakfast places in HB but it's all pretty fresh. I think they give good large portions too. Great place to take grandparents as mine always raves about the turtles in the water feature at the front of the restaurant and they also have senior discounts.

Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

I've been going to Johns since John was there. It used to be a really good family restaurant. It is now OK with really nice people that take care of the patrons.

The prices have gone up and the quality is mostly average.

They now close at 3 pm which is a real drag. The new owner can't figure out how to make it work like it had for 30 years of closing at 10 or 11.

They used to have "3 to 5" specials in the early evening that would drive the evening meal crowd. They had decent steaks and Prime Rib on Fridays and Saturdays. No more of that!

For awhile they didn't have any specials at all, but the specials have come back, but they're mostly lame.

We used to like to sit on the patio which had a wall to separate the patio from the parking lot. The wall is gone and the outside furniture doesn't have to be brought inside because no one would bother to steal it! Now you have a great view of the parking lot!

If I sound disappointed by the direction John's is going it's because I am.

Hot off the Grill, across the street is stealing some of their business with lower prices and the same quality of food.

If there was another place close I'd head over to it.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

I do breakfast with a long time friend and fellow photog every Friday morning at 7 a.m. We've been there so many times that we just have to say "the usual" to our friendly waitress! Breakfast foods are prepared to order ... with a fresh cup of coffee to go for the wife at home!

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

We had a great visit here. The nautical decor is eclectic and a little funky. Our waitress was named Brittany. She was friendly, helpful and charming. The food was well prepared and tasty. We had five people with different tastes. Everybody was happy with their order. I tried the California omelet, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, olives and sour cream. I loved it. I highly recommend this for casual family dining. As a bonus they have a turtle fountain with 4 live turtles.