Our group of 4, 2 adults and 2 teens (18 and 16) stayed for 4 nights in a junior suite.
First, the good:
The whole resort is beautifully decorated, landscaped and maintained. Our 900 sq. ft. suite consisted of a large living room, separate king BR, two full baths and a huge balcony. A king size pillow top mattress is always nice and the jetted soaking tub was a hit. Our rooms were totally isolated from outside noise or maybe we were just too wiped out to notice after long days on the beach. Furnishings are very nice and the rooms were of generous size with plenty of space for the 4 of us. The staff was pleasant and helpful, nothing to complain about there. Did I mention that the place is beautiful?
The not so good:
At $550/night they should gladly park you for free. Nope, $25/night, valet only. Your only other option is to park across the street at the beach lot for $10. We did that. Only hitch there is that you must be in that lot by 9 P.M. Parking in general in Ca. is outrageous so this is not that unusual, I guess. Add 11% tax, $10/day resort fee, $10/day for internet and things will start to add up. A small but disappointing detail is that there is no guest laundry. Oh, they will wash it for you for a substantial charge. $3/each for T-shirts and underwear! I stopped reading after that. That's just mean. Two minor problems with our room: A couple times an hour, a loud clunking noise from the HVAC unit. Loud enough to wake a light sleeper. Also, one of the supplied blow dryers didn't work. No biggie.
Overall we had a terrific time at the Hyatt. It's easily the nicest place in Huntington Beach. The walkway over the PCH leads to a very wide beach and an asphalt "boardwalk" with about a 15 minute walk to the downtown area. Decent eateries and lots of surf shops for the teens. The 1800' long pier is entertaining as well with Ruby's at the end offering good diner style food and great shakes! Surfers everywhere!
I would go 5 stars on this one if not for the overly high charges on some of the services here. Still, it's lovely and we highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. Five different dining restaurants,a grocery store, a full service spa and salon and two pools and several hot tubs on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa