Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Pasea Hotel & Spa(Huntington Beach)
  • Pool
Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel(Huntington Beach)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Huntington Surf Inn(Huntington Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Huntington Beach Inn(Huntington Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Sun 'n' Sands Motel(Huntington Beach)
Huntington Suites(Huntington Beach)
  • Pool
Best Western Surf City(Huntington Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Newport Channel Inn(Newport Beach)
3,791 results
All reviewswater slideskids poolwatertable restaurantpizza placeprivate bridgepedestrian bridgemain poolwater tablegrounds are beautifulvalet parkingper dayfire pitbeautiful hotelocean viewrent bikesgreat for familiesfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My family recently stayed at the Hyatt Huntington Beach and it did not disappoint. The hotel itself is not directly on the beach, but is separated by Pacific Coast Highway with beach access available via a pedestrian bridge. We stayed in a huge room with a partial ocean view, with the closet itself being a large walk-in. The bathroom was reminiscent of 5 star hotels I've stayed at in other countries, with a large tub, a shower with benches, and higher end amenities. We traveled with small children and enjoyed a morning stroll on the beach, and swam in their newly opened pool complete with water slides. The pool area also has a "snack shack" where you could purchase beverages and snacks for adults and kids. It is a great vacation spot, but be aware that you will be charged a $25 dollar resort fee per day as well as parking charges. Definitely worth the money though.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My family stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and we were very satisfied. They had a great breakfast buffet. They also had a take out pizza restaurant and a store where you could buy bagels, muffins, etc for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. The best thing about this hotel is it's location right accross from the beach. There is a bridge over the road to get to the beach which is so much better than trying to cross the busy road (PCH) that it is on. Also, they were very generous with the hotel towels allowing you to use as many as you'd like. This was especially convenient when going to the beach. The hotel has 2 water slides and that was one of the reasons that we chose it, however, they were not big slides and my kids ages 14 and 11 did not end up using them. I would say that the water slides are more appropriate for younger children. This hotel is within walking distance to the Huntington Beach pier and main street where there are many great restaurants that offer al fresco dining. A must do if you go is making a fire in one of the many fire pits on the beach. Reserve your fire pit early in the day. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We came to this hotel my husband and I with our kids and grandkids! Although it is somewhat pricey and I do not like that in this economy you MUST pay for valet parking!
The other negative is the distance you have to walk with small kids from the lobby...ask for a room in the main hotel. The rooms are very nice and the beds wonderful. We had an ocean view, however near the street which was very noisy........The location of this hotel is the best......right across from the beach and a pretty short walk! The pools are nice and they even have a wonderful pool for the kids and a different one for adults. All in all the stay was nice, the food was good and we would forsure stay again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Unique Hyatt with fantastic location. I have been told I am picky and usually pretty hyper-critical. Oh well, I am what I am. This hotel is right on the beach, on an amazingly long wonderful beach. Bike rentals available at the hotel, and you can ride on the ocean path for miles. Or go for a great morning run. Most rooms all have great views. Rooms were all big and spacious, and it's quite. Slept great. Pool was out-dated, pretty old school style but oh well. Bar service at the pool was slow. I would 100% stay here again if back in the area. I would not waste my money though at their spa again. The actual spa facilities were large, clean and nice, but the treatment (stone massage) was poor. Oh well. Enjoyed my time on the beach and boogie boarding may more than the massage. Overall, I enjoyed my brief 3 nights, 4 days here and would love to go back again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2009

After spending a week travelling down the the californian coast, we wanted something very relaxing outside LA with the option of doing a few day trips from the resort. Firstly the location was ideal for this - away from any hustle and bustle but the ability to easily get to LA, San Diego etc. However the time we spent relaxing in the resort was very disappointing. There was a very large conference on at the same time which most of the other guests were attending which meant that there was hardly anyone to be seen around the pool etc in the day time. Fine in theory, but when they start closing down the pool bars etc at 2.30/3pm in the afternoon because it is too quiet and not worth their while keeping it open, it really starts to affect your vacation experience. I had to spend about 25 mins wandering around the hotel trying to find somewhere open to get a nice cocktail to sit on my balcony and drink. Similarly the 2 restaurants that were open in the evening were deserted. They didn't even open the pizza place. Room was fine and staff were all perfectly pleasant.. Food was lovely that we had but the overall experience was just very limp. Don't get me wrong I don't want a hotel to be overrun and packed but you do need other people around to get a bit of an atmosphere and I feel closing bars at the expense of the other guests who did want to use them was extremely poor. I would not return to thios hotel.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple