“Relaxing and Beautiful”

GreenLeadersSilver level
PA
“Relaxing and Beautiful”
Reviewed March 31, 2005

We traveled during the busy spring break period. Overall, this was a very restful, relaxing resort. The grounds were beautiful, the view was terrific, accomodations well appointed. Our only 'hectic' day was Easter morning. They had a brunch special and people came from all over (a few drunks too) and it made the lobby scene a crowded mess. It made our check out a hassle. I agree with prior comments on the valet parking service. It is ridiculous to pay $20 a day with the garage right there. You can self-park for $10 across the highway at the beach lot but this did not seem as convenient. I had 2 kids with me that loved the amentities (e.g. one night a movie was shown on a big screen TV by the pool; marshmellows were toasted over an open pit fire). Overall, I would go back in a heartbeat for the right price. We paid $225 a night but I have heard the rooms can go way up from there.

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank alstrooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles Area
Reviewed March 27, 2005

Stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions recently - for a company Christmas Party and to run the Pacific Shoreline half Marathon. Was upgraded to a suite when I mentioned the last time I stayed it was in a suite and that I liked it.

Check in was quick. Rooms always seem to be a trek, but it comes with the long shape of the hotel. The room was great. The bed is heavenly and I could lay in it forever. Rooms are nicely appointed and bathrooms are very nice.

Room service is quite good, but be careful - they added an extra plate, charged us for it and added an 18% gratuity. I ordered, but my boyfriend answered the door. He'll sign anything and we ended up with a $65 breakfast... don't get me wrong - the food was good and it got eaten, but....

The pools and jacuzzi's are quite nice. You really can't beat the location for beach access (there's a bridge that will take you over PCH and drop you at the beach parking lot).

I would return in a heartbeat. Don't know what the rates run because I've been part of groups everytime, but this hotel great and worth paying for!

• Stayed February 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 21, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Huntington Beach Feb. 20-22, 2005. We were very impressed with the hotel. The grounds were beautiful and the ocean view was superb. The room was spacious and beds were very comfortable. I did get to look at the meeting rooms and would highly recommend this hotel for small to large meetings or weddings. A lot of the rooms are pretty far from the front desk. Actually, after we checked in, we got lost trying to find our room. They definitely could put up better signs showing which way to which numbered rooms. Also, it was a little upsetting to find out they didn't have a parking lot/garage, only valet. We did see where the valet parking was and it could easily be used for guest self parking. The bell hop/valet guys were pretty pushy, too. I understand they work for tips, but please explain to me why we need two guys to load 2 pieces of luggage into our trunk. (Even after I told them both that we had it handled.) Of course, they both expected to be tipped. Also, just a note, the beach parking lot is right across the street and half the price as valet. As a travel agent, I do highly recommend this beautiful hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2005
3 Thank CincinnatiTravelgirl
Stockton, CA
Reviewed March 2, 2005

Just a little background so you can judge this review more objectively. I live in Northern California and travel quite a bit on vacation. Two other beach vacations that we have taken recently is Maui (Four Seasons and Ritz) and Cancun (Ritz, JW & Hilton). I was thouroughly impressed with this hotel. I am not a big fan on the Hyatt although I have also enjoyed staying at the Hyatt Lake Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe North Shore properties. I set my expectations a little lower in the service area for Hyatts and that way I am not dissappointed. I can see that in the summer this hotel may not be the place for conservative couples or families that don't like crowds (I have a 5 & 7 year old). But our family enjoyed the crowded pool, feeding the Koi, playing tennis and basketball onsite, playing in the video arcade, having ice cream at the shop, skimboarding at the beach, the boardwalk of course, but mostly enjoying the property, which is very nice. We had a deluxe ocean view room. The pictures taken from my balcony looks like it could be a postcard (beautiful, although not as nice as Cancun). The parking fee is annoying and valet can slow at times, but compared to Ritz Half Moon Bay, $35parking and $20 resort fee, it's a bargain. Overall, what a great beach vacation if you don't want to get on a plane(comment for Californians). Highly recomend!

9 Thank tennis_ace_2005
Reviewed February 14, 2005

We arrived on Dec 26th, 2004 to a gorgeous hotel. the flowers and decorations were tasteful and just beautiful. But then began the trek to our room. We are not old but it was a very long distance to go everytime you wanted to return to your room. If you have the lease bit of trouble walking make sure they put you in a room close to the entrance. There is only valet parking at $20.00 per day. You have to wait every time you want your car. There is no convenient place to park. Breakfast for two was $40.00. It was good but not that good. There were ants all over the refrig, coffee pot and bathroom.They did take care of them promptly but it is a new hotel what gives? I also agree that the staff was friendly but not especially helpfuland it seemed that their hands were always out looking for a tip. I really do not think this "resort" is all it is cracked up to being.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2004

The rooms in this hotel were great, with extremely comfortable beds and nicely-designed bathrooms. The fridge was a nice touch as well. But the staff had some real problems with our reservation and it took three calls to persuade them we were staying for two nights. not one as their computer insisted. They heavily promote their Free Nights program but don't have a clue about how it works. Very frustrating to spend so much time on such a simple issue. And now I even have to send a letter to the GM to get things straightened out. Grrrrrrrrr.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2004

I found the Hyatt in Huntington Beach to be a beautiful getaway. After reading a few of the postings, I made sure I booked my spa treatment early. The massage was amazing and left me relaxed. I found dinner at there main restaurant delicious and the service was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that asks.

• Stayed October 2004
#2 of 17 in Newport Beach
The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#5 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!