My husband and I spent six nights at this hotel. He was at a business meeting elsewhere much of the time. The hotel is located across the Pacific Coast Highway from the beach, which is easily reached by a pedestrian walkway that goes over the highway. Because the PCH is depressed here, you do not see it from the hotel. Our room looked across the courtyard/pool area to the beach, a lovely view. The room was quite spacious and had a couch, easy chair and good sized desk as well as a balcony. There was a power strip with lots of outlets, very handy.
The hotel grounds and pool area were beautifully landscaped, and there are numerous fountains and firepits scattered around. The hotel has several restaurants and there are some gifty type shops and a convenience store, which is nice. We ate one dinner at the casual restaurant, which was good.The poolside bar was attractive and served lunch but closed fairly early, it would have been nice to have drinks there in the evening. Poolside drink service was excellent, and this is a really nice pool area overall.
We had a package that was a good value, came to around $220 per night including breakfast every day. The breakfasts, which were served in the main hotel dining room, were excellent, especially the bagels and salmon and the french toast. Very nice service staff, also.
My only quibble with this hotel is that it is very spread out, and our room was really a hike from the lobby. It was also really far to the ice machine. On the other hand, I think the location of our room, with full oceanview but set back from the PCH (closer would have been noisy I think) was terrific for its position above the courtyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. Five different dining restaurants,a grocery store, a full service spa and salon and two pools and several hot tubs on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa