Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Pasea Hotel & Spa(Huntington Beach)
$280
  • Pool
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
$221
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Surf City(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$118
Ocean Surf Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$133
Sun 'n' Sands Motel(Huntington Beach)
$149
Huntington Surf Inn(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
$218
Agoda.com
3,825 results
All reviewswater slideskids poolwatertable restaurantpizza placeprivate bridgepedestrian bridgemain poolwater tablegrounds are beautifulvalet parkingper dayfire pitbeautiful hotelocean viewrent bikesgreat for familiesfamily vacation
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We visited the Hyatt Huntington Beach for a mini-honeymoon right after our wedding so we wouldn't just go back home after the ceremony. We were really impressed by the resort-feel of the place and how it is almost a little village unto itself. The ocean-view room was spacious and clean with a lovely bathroom, and it was surprisingly quiet considering that it faced directly onto Pacific Coast Highway. The pool was lovely, as was "The Grotto", which is a group of 3 large jacuzzis with some privacy. All food was excellent and we loved the attention to detail everywhere, whether it was the care of preparation to the architectural details. One thing I will always remember is that they had lovely gas firepits and fireplaces everywhere where you could congregate in the evening and roast marshmallows -- lots of fun.

We went in September and the hotel was very quiet, but not dead. I wouldn't want to be there during high season. But we had the pool to ourselves at night, it was great. Best of all was the service -- our room was not ready when we arrived (at 10 pm???) and they desk clerk immediately gave us access to their "Regency Club" for the duration of our stay without us even complaining about the room not being ready! That was a nice perk -- hope that you get access to that, it was really nice! Then there was another issue and we had to wait a bit longer and we were invited to the Red Chair Lounge to have an entire meal (including drinks and dessert) on the hotel. Keep in mind that we had not expressed frustration at all -- they just offered these things freely. It was refreshing to be someplace that is so proactive about providing a pleasant experience for its guests.

Only downsides I could see is that parking is exclusively valet and it's $25/day -- it was included in our package but if it isn't in yours, it could add up. Also, get a room with a view facing seaward or towards a courtyard -- the south-facing rooms at the end of the hotel overlook the half-built new swimming area (which will surely be incredibly noisy when complete) as well as a very industrial-looking power plant. The hotel is not cheap by any standard but it's a very romantic and relaxing place that you can indulge in -- do visit!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BigSee
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Hi all-

I'm writing to amend/correct the review I did in August for this property. In August, I spent 5 mediocre days in a small, disappointing room and crowds at the pool, but my recent stay the first week of Sep. was exceptional.

Room: Ocean view overlooking the pool and sraight view of the ocean. I usually book a king, but when I received this room with two double beds, I realized that the room was larger and accepted straight away. The bathroom was huge compared to the previous room. It had a huge double-sink vanity, separate shower and tub and separate small toilet room. Large walk-in closet was GREAT, considering I was staying longer than a week. Small balcony with small table and two chairs was nice perk for early morning and late-nite coffee and email, but neighbors were very close, i.e., boys in tne next room drinking beer and smoking on two evenings could have easily gotten on to my balcony - had to call it a night early due to being a bit scared. Per my earlier post in August, the linens and pillows were great, as were the complimentary bottles of water (2 every day).

Food: Breakfast at the Californian was exceptional, and the waitstaff were extemely attentive. Eggs Benedict was yummy, as were the complimentary smoothie shots served on several of my breakfast visit. Casual dinner at the Surf cafe in the courtyard was fun and tasty -- be sure to check out the happy hour.

Pool: Much less crowded that mid-August and very much more relaxing. The pool sparkled and the waitstaff were extremely friendly and attentive/accomodating. Quite nice to be able to order lunch and drink poolside from the menu that offered salads, sandwiches, alcohol, smoothies, etc.

Spa: Again, the spa was fantastic and it was a pleasure to be able to use the facilities on days when I hadn't booked a treatment.

Front desk: Extremely helpful and more than accomodating. I applaud the front-line staff for their patience and professionalism when dealing with a fire alarm issue. I felt as if the staff knew me personally and went out of their way to ensure my satisfaction.

Grounds: Exceptionally manicured -- beautiful.

Valet: Still pricey at $25 per day, but I NEVER had to wait for my car and the valets were always more than willing to help with directions and even offered to remove the empty water bottles, etc. from the car.

In general, I'd say that I'd like to retract much of thenegative from the August review, but acknowledge that much of my satisfaction with this recent trip is due to getting a better room and the resort being less crowded. Regardless, I would stay again and will recommend this resort to friends and colleagues.

Thanks Hyatt Huntington.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SeriousSpaGoer
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I surprised my husband with a weekend getaway at Hyatt Regency for our 20th anniversary. I was afraid that the hotel would be disappointing for such big occasion, but I was pleasantly surprised. The landscape was gorgeous, our room extra spacious, the bathroom huge (even the bathrooms at Las Vegas’ Venetian Hotel concierge suites aren’t that roomy), and the exterior beautiful. The room was clean, and it had a large walk-in closet, which we didn’t need because we were there for just one night. It’s the only hotel I know that actually gives you hair conditioner separate from shampoo. We didn’t have time to use the pool, but it was big and clean, and the water felt warm (they probably heat it).

Hotel: The hotel has a great location, right near the beach (if you use the beautiful bridge leading there). The beach was very vibrant and alive with hundreds of young people, and what was very unique about it was the fire pits everywhere. It was a beautiful sight, especially at the spectacular sunset. We roasted marshmallow on the fire pit at the hotel (next to Pete’s Grill) and listened to the band playing classic rock. It was fun. Many of the guests had little children-I believe it’s great for families. Perhaps next time we’ll come back with our kids. They have several stores and a deli-great for Starbucks coffee and snacks.

Food: We ate dinner and breakfast at The Californian. The food was great, however, dinner menu was very limited and the place was pricey. They made a mistake on the cheese we selected for appetizer (at 6 dollars an ounce you want to get what you ordered), told us the chicken was going to take 35 (!!) minutes to make, and ran out of spring rolls. To top it all, the waitress made a mistake and charged us for the spring rolls they didn’t have. I expect better from a gourmet restaurant, but we ignored it because we didn’t want to spoil the occasion. Breakfast was better. They had a rich buffet, and great, fresh food, and service was faster and more efficient. Again, it was expensive, but we enjoyed ourselves.

Spa: We had a couple-massage at the spa. The staff was friendly, the facilities were nice and clean and the massage was great. My husband thought he wasn’t going to enjoy it, but he actually liked it. Their rates are pretty high, though, and the only reason I booked it was because I took the spa package, which also included resort fee (yes, there are all kinds of extras you have to be aware of), complementary daily valet parking and hotel taxes.

Beware of getting locked out on the balcony. We sat there to watch the view and could not open the door to go back in. Luckily, the guests next door were also out on the balcony and they called front desk for us.

I suspect one of the reasons we had a great time is that the hotel wasn’t full. That’s because we were there in mid September. I ask myself what would happen if we arrived during summer-how long we will have to wait for the valet to bring our car, how big the lines at the buffet and registration will be, how high the noise level and how crowded the pool will be.

Overall, the resort was beautiful, the service fast and friendly, and the food was delicious. We absolutely recommend, and we’ll go back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MarcoPolo555
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Take all of the five star reviews and put them together and you have our experience of the Hyatt at Huntington Beach.

We are a family of four (children aged 9 and 11) and we stayed for five nights of our 17 night holiday in California. The hotel is in an ideal location for a fun, safe and vibrant beach and for Disneyland, which is about 30 mins away and a fairly easy drive.

The grounds, the service, the food, the staff, the facilities and the rooms. All were perfect and all we had hoped for.

Yes, the pool was busy and we would have preferred it to be quieter, but the fact is that it was August and children are entitled to have fun too. Ours certainly did. I agree however, that the new pool complex will be a useful addition and that the current pool should be saved for adults only as my wife needs her 'away from the kids' time.

We ate in Pete's Sunset Grille on two occasions and both were fine with excellent and efficient service. They offer typical diner type food in a fun location. They had lots of live music whilst we were there, which was good, but a little loud after a while. We all felt like we needed to get to a more peaceful restaurant for the other nights.

The Californian is the hotel's fine dining restaurant.and can claim a four diamond rating. On the evening we visited (our last night treat) it was very quiet. Whether this was the reason for the excellent service I don't know. All I can say is thank you to Matt (our waiter) for the friendly yet formal service of the highest order. The food was excellent too and we particularly appreciated the fact that we were able to choose from the restaurant menu and the grill menu for the children. This is so sensible and must be good for business. It meant that my wife and I could experience exquisite food at the pricier end whilst the children could enjoy the food that they enjoy. I love my 9 year old dealry, but she enjoys a burger far more than a 44 dollar fillet mignon! At those prices, I'm glad she does.

The rooms were fantastic and the partial view over the pacific was ideal. The Pacific Coast Highway is quite close, but it never bothered us whatsoever and is well screened.

As people have alluded to, there are shops and a great pizzeria on site. The facilities are numerous and of a high standard. The ambience and atmosphere really set the scene for a stay in Surf City and we felt extremely safe and secure whether at the beach, downtown HB or on site.

The service was the biggest star after the beautiful planted grounds. All of the staff were polite, friendly and helpful. They have clearly been well trained and nothing was ever tyoo much trouble. Quite the opposite of our experience at the Hyatt in Monterey - see our review of that one.

The only negative is that many things seem to come with an additional cost. The hotel boasts on its website about the Kids club and the surfing lessons, kite making etc. They don't advertise just how expensive these things are and i was quite shocked to hear fees of 100 buck plus being mentioned. Paying 9.95 for internet access seems excessive in this day and age and I find it hard to see how this is justified. Likewise, the valet parking which is 25 dollars per night. We stayed in hotels that provided free coffee (Palace Sheraton San Francisco), Children's trips or internet access (Doubletree, Santa Barbara) and free parking. We spent tons of cash at the Hyatt, but I can't say it wasn't worth it. It most defintiely was and we would thoroughly recommend it as a real resort with bags of character and beauty.

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank 41gentlemanjim
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Huge pretentious hotel run by very unexperienced workers.
I stayed there on a business trip coming from Europe. Due to Jet lag I used to wake up at 5:30. Breakfast was supposed to be ready at 6, buthad to wait 2 out 4 days. Unexperienced teenagers were doing their best to offer a good service without achiveing it. No buffet breakfast at 6AM so had to eat fat.
Cumpulsory Vallet parking is very anoying and time consuming.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Frones