First, you should decide whether Huntington is the right beach for you. Compared to other Orange County beaches, it has a youthful and unpretentious vibe, mostly low- to mid-priced eateries, nonstop events (live music, craft sales, surf competitions), and a paved strand for strolling/skating/biking. The beach itself is straight and wide with typical SoCal beigy sand. If you’re looking for scenic coves and tidepools, elegant restaurants, or a hoytey-toytey atmosphere, Huntington is not for you.
But if you like a casual vacation with classy digs, you'll like the Hyatt. It has spotless, tastefully-furnished rooms, comfty beds, attractive grounds with adult & children’s pools, and a convenient bridge to the beach spanning Coast Hwy. It’s less than a mile (15-minute walk) to the pier, so you’re removed from the noise and traffic of Main Street. When you want to eat or make purchases outside the resort grounds, you could drive the 4-5 long blocks to downtown and try to find parking. But you’re on vacation, so may as well take a stroll down the strand, rent a bike, or hire a pedicab. My only complaint would be that the front desk could use more staffing and for parking you have little choice but to go valet at $35/day (those are Hawaii prices). Aside from that, everything was perfect. A bit off-topic--don’t miss the waffle sandwiches at Bruxie on 5th St!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. Five different dining restaurants,a grocery store, a full service spa and salon and two pools and several hot tubs on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa