My wife and I stayed there for 4 days after Thanksgiving. We had never been there before and were pleased overall. It is a large resort with beautiful grounds. We had a nice ocean view room.It was quite a long walk to get to our room. The walkway to the beach was quite convenient. We were able to get a top floor room(4th) so our view of the ocean and the sunsets was terrific. The room we had was very nice with a nice sitting area and balcony. It was very quiet since it was right after Thanksgiving. It has 2 pool areas and I sure a little noisy during their busy season. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly with 2 exceptions. The young lady at check in was pretty impersonal and mechanical. We were told valet parking would be $29 per day and it was posted that it would be $34. When questioned about it she said she would check and get back to us the next day since that is what we had written when we made the reservation. She never did and the person at checkout did not want to discuss it either! It is quite a complicated walk getting to our room and she spoke rapidly like those people on television describing the side effects of medication. The long walk to our room was well worth it. One night a lady from housekeeping came in for turn-down service. We asked if she could come back and she said she wanted to do it now. S o we let her in. She pulled up the sheets, patted them a couple of times, left two mints on the bed and some towels on a small table in the entry way. We had used both shower and tub and all the used towels were left in the tub and shower floor! Pete's restaurant was OK for breakfast but below average for dinner. The male concierge was outstanding and really made us feel comfortable. Over all I would say that we enjoyed this magnificent property and would return again if we are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. Five different dining restaurants,a grocery store, a full service spa and salon and two pools and several hot tubs on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa