It is rare to have great customer service from beginning to end. So it's an unexpected treat. At the front desk, Julia helped us easily upgrade to partial ocean view rm 2368. (I wouldn't pay for ocean view cause it's across the street, PCH). Miriam the housekeeper supplied extra towels water toothpaste combs shampoo etc beyond the norm. Amanda and Andy our servers at breakfast were attentive, helpful with the kids, patient. The buffet, free daily with our reservation, had plenty of hot food...abundant, well stocked and clean, even had gluten free muffins that tasted pretty decent. The lifeguards at the water slides were very watchful regarding any rowdy unsafe behavior but yet were friendly about it. My kids 5 and 9 loved the pools and slides; must have gone down the slides a hundred times. They also loved the fish feeding at the koi pond. The beach attendant provided free chairs, toys, towels, umbrella.
The grounds were well kept and the pools were clean, no debris even in the spa grotto with trees nearby. Plenty of towels and water avail at the pools. Parking was about $30/night but there's also beach parking across the road or metered parking on the side of the road.
The great experience that we had at the Hyatt came immediately after an awful experience with thrifty car rental. Literally waited forever for the shuttle then over an hour in line to sign the papers. Then finally out to the lot...no cars available, except one car with no keys. Then back inside to wait for more cars. At the return, got penalized added fees for returning with a full tank of gas (with our receipt) ...but not within 10 mi of the thrifty car lot. Then manager yelled at us for questioning the charge. Sigh.
Thank goodness for a great experience at Hyatt Huntington Beach. It really made our weekend into a real vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. Five different dining restaurants,a grocery store, a full service spa and salon and two pools and several hot tubs on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa