For the past several summers we have purposely scheduled a long weekend get away to the Hyatt Regency at Huntingon Beach. We continue to return because it is one of the most comprehensive and complete facilities. First is the location. It is directly across the street from one of the most expansive stretches of beach. Highway 1 separates the hotel from the Beach. The hotel is actually positioned such that the highway is below the main level of the hotel. In addition, the hotel has its own pedestrian bridge across the highway to the beach. The beach itself features a wide and long, paved boardwalk where you can run, ride bikes, walk or just people watch. It is a very reasonable walk up the boardwalk to the city of Huntington Beach, its pier and the prime surfing areas. In addition to its location, the hotel has bike rentals as well as all other beach activity equipment available for rent. The hotel is expansive and spread out versus being a high-rise. It is very family friendly with many activities for kids and along with a relatively new kids pool compelete with waterslide. There is a comprehensive spa on site with a very complete and large fitness room. (One of the largest I have experienced at a hotel). There is fine dining available on site as well as a pizza parlor, wine bar and surf bar/restaurant. There is a small coffee shop/store featuring limited but adequte groceries/snacks. In addition, on the Friday and Saturday night we were there, each night there was a different live band playing in the Courtyard where you could eat and listen or dance to great music. We stayed in a Sunset Suite on the third floor in a corner. The pool and the beach were our view. The rooms all feature balconies where you can sit and enjoy the breeze and view. The hotel is also quiet considering it is busy and next to a highway. All of these things make it one of the most relaxing places to get away to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. Five different dining restaurants,a grocery store, a full service spa and salon and two pools and several hot tubs on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Groupon, Cancelon, Odigeo, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa