“AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We came for a quick 3 day break from a tour and being cold. What a welcome break to be in such a beautiful suite in 70 degree weather. Loved the spa.....we spent lots of time there. The girls doing our hair, mani/pedis were a blast! Massages were great! Loved laying by the hot tubs. We relaxed and just drank, slept by pool and ran by the ocean.....how can life be better! Thanks for great room service.....wonderful recommendations to fab places to eat dinner. This is an anual trip for the four of us.....can't wait to return! Your staff from limo drivers to our housekeeper was delightful!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and enjoyed a much needed break from the cold. We will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed for eight nights for a convention and pleasure and were generally very pleased. Well kept, tremendous friendly service, nice rooms, etc. The grounds were beautiful, location great, and restaurants good but very pricey (breakfast for two regularly in the $50+ area). The spa was nice but extremely expensive.

The odd complaint? The thin water vapor that dripped from the faucets couldn't rinse a grain of salt off of a spoon. Forget trying to rinse your toothbrush or razor. No water pressure at all. A call to mgmt revealed that this was the expected performance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. Thank you also for bringing the water pressure to our attention.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is the second time I am staying at a Hyatt property and my latest experience was superb. From the moment I handed my car keys to the valet staff right up until check-out, staff was genuinely friendly, helpful and listened with eager to every small question.
I stayed 5 nights at this massive hotel to attend a work meeting and our breakfast was served outside our meeting room. Healthy breakfast options came in abundant supplies and again, friendly staff was never far away to address any special requests.
I also had food at the Red Chair lounge and at the Californian restaurant with similar great food options. You've noticed that I only ranked 4/5 stars. Despite my overall success rating. Myself and my colleagues held a Monday morning meeting down by the pool. We ordered some coffees and teas and that order took around 45 minutes. Even though I wasn't too fussed about this, granting five stars would not be entirely justified. That said, for less than 300 dollars a night, I got a spacious bright and clean room, nutritious, tasty food and service that deserves an extra ''thank you''.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. We're happy that you noticed our healthy dining options during your meeting and you enjoyed them. We have taken great steps to ensure that we are offering our guests nutritious meals at our restaurants and through our banquet service.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I loved this place! If you want to feel special, definitely stay here. The staff service was excellent. We were only here for 2 days so we were not able to use all the ammenities it provided. My 8 year old son loved the kids pool area. It had 3 levels of water slides (life guard on duty - so the slides close early, not sure about summer months, but the pool area is open later), a pool for toddlers, a spa area, snack bar (It wasn't open while we were there, maybe in the summer), and a firepit (there are several on the property - Hyatt provided items to make smores, nice touch for the kids). There is also another large pool for the adults and teens to enjoy located in the center of the property. The kids pool area is located to the far left side of the property, so if you think you'll be spending a lot of time there, I would request for a room closer to that side as this property is huge.

Our "deluxe" room was located on the 3rd floor overlooking the large pool area and an ocean view. The bathroom was quite large. I think we could've had a small party in there. I also loved the walk-in closet, a "room" to put all of our luggage. There was also a small refrigerator (no freezer) and coffee machine.

Accessiblity to the beach was easy. There is a bridge that you can cross instead of crossing the busy PCH (Highway 1). We even had the chance to watch a surfing contest. I know there are a couple of restaurants in the hotel, but we chose to eat at other places in the city. If you like walking (15 minutes), there are a number of them located in a small downtown area. We ate at a local favorite for breakfast called the Sugar Shack. Good food, if you don't mind the wait. This place is somewhat located near other popular SoCal attractions (all depending on traffic - 30 min to Disneyland, 45 min to Downtown LA, 15 min to Queen Mary, 45 min to Santa Monica).

We are generally a family that travels on a budget, so this place was a splurge for us. The only things I would complain about is the "Valet only" parking. At $29 a night and tipping the valet everytime we wanted to fetch our car, that's pretty steep. I wouldn't mind not paying the $25 resort fee either. Two bottles of water and access to use the Spa area?? I wish it was optional. Although, whenever I saw housekeeping cleaning the other rooms, I would ask for extra bottles of water. I took advantage of that for our day trips and stocked up the fridge. All in all, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: This property is quite large. If you don't like to walk, ask for a room closer to the lobby ele...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank luvWDW

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellant hotel, very large with two pools Spa and fitness room. Restaurabt and shops.
Rooms are large and comfortable with coffee machine and fridge. Bathroom with batt, but I found the washhand basin to high.
Pool is great with plenty of towels, sun beds, bar, heated tub. Spa is first clase with wet & dry steam rooms, salt water hot tub, relaxation room and terrace. tea & coffee.
Valet parking $29 per 24 hours. There is a computer genarated map of the area in the lobby with whats on in the hotel. Shuttle bus into Huntington beach $3 return; see the valet.
A Walmart is about 15 min walk up Beach Drive and buses run along pacific Highway.
Tour buses & hire cars can be organised by the conceige.
Food is expensive for what it is but comparable with similar hotels.
There is an automatic $20 per room per charge. for the pool & spa regardless of if you use it or not.
Bath robes are supplied.
The hotel is about 15 minutes walk along the beach promonade into Huntington Beach, a hotel bridge crosses the Pacific Highway.
This hotel is priced to keep it a little bit exclusive.
There are gas fire pits about which are nice. A Bar, pool table and lounges.

Room Tip: A room between the main pool and spa makes it easy in your bath robe. If you like proper English te...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John G

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I came for a conference. I was offered an upgrade with an ocean view for $25. Don't do it. The rooms overlook a busy road and you can barely see the ocean unless you hang out over your balcony. The garden views are quite pretty. The hotel is noisy when families invade as they did when I was there. I will never understand why such a large facility with multiple buildings do not separate their family travelers from the business clientele. the walls are paper thin and the place is a bit tired. The spa was nice my massage was great but facial was nothing more than someone washing my face and then slapping on mositurizer. Both services were overpriced.

Room Tip: don't fall for upgrade
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. We appreciate your recognizing the beautiful garden views throughout the property and comments regarding noise on Pacific Coast Highway. Your input will certainly help us to improve the experience provided to guests, which is most important to us. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you back as a guest at some point in the future.

With my best regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was in Huntington Beach for two weeks for work and chose the Hyatt from recommendations from co-workers.

It is a very nice (and large) property located right across the Pacific Coast Highway from the beach. The first week my room was on the first floor and faced a grassy area next to the fitness center/spa. It was quiet, comfortable and very clean. The bed was very cozy and the pillows were just to my liking.

The second week I changed to a larger room with an ocean view. I was still on the first floor, so there were many obstacles between my room and the view. I would recommend asking for a higher floor if you really want to enjoy the ocean view. The second room was still clean and comfortable, and the extra space made a big difference for me.

The pools are beautiful (too cold to swim for me in March) and don't miss the spa grotto..very relaxing. If you work out, the gym is excellent for a hotel gym and has everything you need for a good workout. The spa is beautiful as well.

The staff if very friendly and professional. I always went out to eat so I can not rate the restaurants.

The hotel is a two minute car ride (or 20 minute walk) to Main Street which has a lot of stores and restaurants...quite honestly the post 9pm crowd on Main Street was less to my liking. I preferred to drive to Newport Beach for a change of pace.

If you drive... be prepared to spend an extra $29 per overnight (in addition to the $29 "resort fee" aka two bottles of water and free in room wifi per day). If you are there for a weekend its no problem but adds up over a two week period.

Also, there were several occasions housekeeping did not pick up room service trays (of other guests) over a period of a couple of days. I saw this three times. The smell of old french fries was pretty gross. I did not see this a a huge problem, just a nuisance.

Overall, I liked the hotel and would stay there again. I would also recommend this to my friends and family.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, request a higher floor. Don't miss the spa grotto!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home on such a long business trip.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
#2 of 18 in Newport Beach
Best Western Surf City
Best Western Surf City
#6 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!