“great sunny stay”

Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The resort was gorgeous. We had room 3435 inner courtyard view. At check in they tried to up sell to oceanview for 25$ per night but I declined. View not too important to me. Anyways valets were great and bellhops all seemed like surfer dudes but very attentive and full of local info. Valets were quick and never waited for our rentalcar, that we didn't even recognize, causing a chuckle all round. Long hallways to room as huge resort, if any mobility probs ask for a room closer to lobby bldg. Pool was great and spas were nice. Being there early in season meant we seldom shared pool or spa. No kids with us Housekeeping great and realized we were late risers and didn't bug us early. The grocery and souvenir shops were open late, plentiful, and not too expensive. Being early in season some stuff not open, pizzeria, poolside bar but that was fine . The only drawback I found and the only reason I didn't give excellent was the food. We ate at bistro, and did room service a couple of times and the food was OK not great. Veggie options VERY limited and they forgot bacon on my club sandwich and the turkey was filled with skin and cartiledge. Breakfasts were good! Overall wondeful and we will be going back later this fall

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining expericence at the resort, we will address your concerns and hopefully we can exceed your expectations on your next visit.
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,719)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've never even considered staying in a hotel so close to home but my Aunt came up from San Diego last minute for the weekend and said she booked a room here. We went out for a family dinner and she invited us back to the hotel to swim and relax. I drive by here all the time but never toured the property. The only parking is meters on the street of pay 25 for valet. I'm cheap so I dropped the family and then parked 1/4 mile up Beach Blvd. The staff were very polite and open doors for you. I asked the front desk for directions to the room and of course it's on the edge of the resort but hey, the ground were nice. We all had a few drinks and headed out for the pool but it was closed already so we went to the jacuzzi. Supposedly it closes at 11 but we didn't leave until close to midnight. We get back to the room and my Aunt says I got you guys a room so we can wake up and have breakfast here and hang out. Awesome, so we order Munchies pizza delivered (open til 2ish) and then hit the sack.

The next morning we went to a buffet breakfast in the hotel and my Aunt charges it to her room and my wife and I say no way. After breakfast we went to the fron desk to pay half of the breakfast costs and the lady says you know what, I'm going to comp your meal. Feeling pretty good now, we start walking aroun and see all these little shops and eateries in an outside courtyard. Mostly beach related items at the shops. There was a little market also.

The day was pretty warm and the kids got wind of some water slides at a pool. It turns out they have a few pools and jacuzzi areas. We went to the kids pool and it was a blast even for the adults. Slushy drinks and snacks as well as buckets of 4 beers with ice for $15. Not bad for a Hyatt poolside! There were multiple fire pits with chairs around them which were great when the sun started to go down. They offer day use passes for $20 per person.

For dinner we went to a pub style place on the property. The service was good and so was the fish and chips. I'm not sure how much the rooms are but I can't say anything bad.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor with a patio in the pool courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ViaTheOC
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here recently at a professional seminar, but I was able to enjoy the amenities of the hotel nonetheless. There is a beautiful pedestrian bridge connecting directly to the beach. The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. I especially liked the fact that everything was done electronically, from check in to check out -- completely "green" and no paper wasted in the meantime.

The hotel did a wonderful job of serving lunch for 600 guests -- not an easy feat. The food was elegantly presented and tasty. Even the dessert was light -- not the usual slab of cheesecake, but rather, a lovely slice of a mousse - cake combo.

The hotel grounds are lovely, too, with a beautiful pool and gardens. I think it would be a lovely spot for a romantic getaway. And it's only about a 20 minute drive from Orange Country Airport. I admit I was dismayed when I saw some industrial smoke stacks on the approach to the hotel, but once at the hotel I could not see or smell or otherwise detect their presence. Don't let other readers' comments about that deter you from trying this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. Thank you so much for your comments about our green initiatives here at the resort as that is something we take great pride in.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love this hotel.the rooms are decoreted nicely and are very large.The staff is super friendly.Jessica the girl that checked me in was super friendly and upgraded my room to an ocean view tottally cool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed early March for four nights. Arrived after the long drive from Vegas were met right away by valet on pulling up to entrance of hotel, door opened for us greeted warmly, luggage unloaded and car taken away (Overnight parking $30 daily resort fee $25 daily). Check in was very pleasant and were upgraded to ocean view delux room right on front on top floor, room very comfortable balcony looking onto ocean. Californian restaurant excellent ate breakfast there each morning ordered off menu but they offered buffet at weekend but cheaper off menu. Pools lovely one especially for kids with water slides and a quieter one if you need to relax and the grounds were immaculate with wonderful flower beds and koi pools.Found this hotel was excellent one of the best in over 20yrs of travel to the U.S. Staff were very attentive and polite couldnt do enough to help. We had a small problem with our shower reported to concierge and engineer sent immediately to fix it. Will definitely return to this hotel and can highly recommend to anyone wanting a little luxury. Guest bridge over P.C.H. to beach was very useful not having to cross busy road especially good for parents with children. Lovely 10-15 min walk up to Pier, beaches lovely and clean as no dogs allowed on beach. We had an evening overnight flight back into London on our last day and reception were happy to extend our check-out time till 2pm giving us an extra 3 hrs in room. Wonderful wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geoff d
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Not a bad hotel but area is mot the best in town it's near some industrial power plant or something. Try to go down further to Malibu. Same price better places. Plus 30 dollars a night to park your car and a twenty dollar resort fee. Pass

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your experience at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. I was pleased to hear you liked the Resort in general and do acknowledge your concerns with parking and resort fees. You certainly have a choice when traveling and we hope you'll reconsider staying with us again at some point in the future.

With my best regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was there for a conference and my husband was there to enjoy! The grounds are landscaped with gardens, pools and fountains. The hotel is just across PCH from the beach. There is a pedestrian bridge so you don't have to worry about cars. Our room was a partial beach view. I can't imagine the difference of a full beach view! We looked out directly at a garden with fountains and waterfalls, out past that was the beach! One garden has large koi fish. We rented bicycles and rode one afternoon. All of e staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint would be the fact that you can hear a lot in the room. We heard women in high heels walking in the hallway and people in the next room. Neither was very bad and didn't detract from our stay at all!

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room. All of the views were lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 18 in Newport Beach
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County
SpringHill Suites Huntington Bea...
#9 of 21 in Huntington Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
#6 of 23 in Laguna Beach
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#5 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!