“Resort paradise”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Resort paradise”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My family of five traveled to Huntington Beach in 2011, and stayed at the Hyatt. It was fabulous! Beautifully decorated grounds, clean & large rooms, and amazing location. We loved the bridge over the PCH to the beach, and enjoyed walking to the cafe at the resort for a morning coffee. The pool was nice but a little small compared to other large resort hotels (and also a little crowded during the day, but to be expected). Loved the fact that there was a hottub. We had a pool-view room, and we could still see the beach, it was great. The landscaping (palm trees galore), fountains, and fresh California style & architecture was very appealing. Due to the self-containment of the resort, we felt like we were a million miles away from anywhere! We rented bikes from the resort shop, and explored the streets of HB--which was a lot of fun, especially for a family activity. We ate breakfast each morning, and had a fancy dinner at the Californian--I had the most amazing desert here (both breakfast & dinner were delicious!) All in all, the price that you pay is worth the experience at this resort. We hope to return VERY soon to the Hyatt HB!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We booked here after a few days at disney in May.
We have a 4 yr old, so were intrigued by the waterslides and seemingly family friendly environment. Upon arrival, we were swept away by the incredible service and the property. The room was in good shape; modern and clean. They offer so many ammenities, you are only limited by your budget. The kids pool and slides were perfect.
They even offered smores kits for use after dinner at one of several fire pits located throughout the property. You are right at the beach, a safe overpass gets you there. I would go to this property in a heartbeat again, not something I would say of most hotels.

Room Tip: get a suite if you have kids, if budget allows. Also, the further you are from the front desk, the...
1 Thank lucasthree

Hillsboro, MO
Reviewed May 30, 2012

In January, I made reservations at this hotel for my four night stay for my nephew's graduation in May. Because of a change in business plans at home, I called reservations several days before the 72 hour cancellation date to inform them that I needed to shorten my stay by one day. My previous quoted rate was for a daily rate, not a package. I was shocked to be informed by the Hyatt agent, that my daily rate would be increased by $45/day. even though those three dates were the same minus the fourth date. I objected to this increase and stated that I frequently stayed at Marriott hotels, and had never been charged an increase for a change of length stay.After that statement, the reservationist asked me to list any organizations that I belonged. Upon stating AAA, my rate was changed to just a $2+/day increase. Although the previous month, I experienced a great stay at the Hyat t Regency in Bonita Springs Florida,If this is their business model, I would seriously question staying again at another Hyatt.

3 Thank DianeBridle
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We chose the hyatt Huntington beach because it is right across from the beach. The rooms were clean and comfortable, service was good and the food in the restaurants was very good. I would recommend this if cost is not a big concern and you want a nice place walking distance to the beach

Room Tip: We were not ocean view but had a nice room overlooking the koi pond next to the spa
2 Thank Altaresident
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2012

CA
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is our 3rd time staying at the Hyatt. Such a great family hotel. The family pool/water slides are a hit with the kids. There is a lifeguard on duty but only for the water slides. It would be great if there was also a lifeguard at the pool. My kids switched from pool to slide to jacuzzi and back many times, that I found myself moving chairs quite a bit to keep an eye on them (I was by myself). The room was very clean and spacious. Plenty of towels, pillows and blankets. My only complaint was the food. Neither the food at the pool or room service was particularly good or healthy. The nachos were just chips with salty cheese sauce poured over (probably Velveeta) and the soup was Campbell's from the can. At $10/per, I would expect better quality. Also the French toast we ordered from room service was way oercooked/charred but after waiting 45 minutes to get it, we ate what we could. The spa was beautiful, very clean and serene. I had one of the best facials ever! Smoother than the food, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank erzsikeCa
Santa Fe Springs, California
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Loved this hotel! Staff was extremely friendly. We were able to upgrade our room for $75 more but it was worth every penny. Beautiful view of the beach two room suite with Jacuzzi tub two separate balconies with lounge chairs and tables. The only thing I was disappointed with was we were offered free s'mores kit but no one at the
front desk knew how or where to get it by the time we figured it out they were closed. And there was only one super packed pit to make the s'mores. Other than that top notch.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Lisa L
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2012

Long Beach
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We spent Mothers Day weekend here and what a perfect two days. The hotel is in a great location and has everything you need right onsite. My husband surfed across the street while I played on the waterslides with my three year old son. Then i hit the spa to relax while they played in the game room. Later we all roasted smores by the firepit. We ate in three of their restaurants over the weekend and ordered room service. The service was great the whole time and we just loved it. Not a single thing was wrong and no improvement needed. We loved it! By the way, we only live ten minutes away yet we felt like we were in Hawaii or something. Very nice.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. It's always nice to hear that people in our backyard can come stay with us and feel like they are much farther away. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the dining, spa and activities that we offer our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
#2 of 17 in Newport Beach
The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#5 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!