“Great food, cool vibe, decent pricing.”
Review of The Corner

The Corner
Ranked #131 of 600 Restaurants in Huntington Beach
Cuisines: American
Costa Mesa, California
“Great food, cool vibe, decent pricing.”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Unusual locale but once you enter, it's obvious you are not in a chain-type restaurant. Menu is eclectic, food is excellent atmosphere casual/cool. The bar atmosphere feels as though a member of the Rat Pack might stroll in for martinis.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tamara E

Huntington Beach, California
“Great Food- Small menu but out of the ordinary dishes”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Found the place on-line because we wanted to try someplace new to eat. Was NOT disappointed. Described as eclectic and I would agree. Not a wide variety on the menu, but we ordered 4 items and were not disappointed with ANY of the dishes. I had the short rib tacos-which were EXCELLENT! My date had the Radicchio and blue cheese salad, which she loved. We also ordered the 24 hour fries and the pee wee potatoes. Both were good and very nice presentation of ALL plates. They are supposed to be known for their 24 hr fries, but I didn't think they were anything to brag about. They were good and the inside is supposed to be similar to mashed potatoes with a crisp outside.
We had the "small plates" and the salad and no Entrees. They also have a good looking signature drink menu, but we did not try any of them this time.
The portions seem a bit on the small side, especially for the prices. However, will probably go back because what we did have was so good.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Jeff S
Huntington Beach, California
“AMAZING food with beautiful plating”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place is one of my favorites. The chef owns the joint and frequently adds new dishes to the menu. My favorite is the red wine short ribs so tender, not to garlicy or oniony, perfect balance of flavor and their potato mash is a wonderful compliment. The pricing for food is reasonably priced for complexity of the dishes. Where else can you get a gormet rib eye steak and twiced baked potato for under 20 dollars! We dine here at least once a month.

My only complaint is service can be slow on the weekend. But if your not in a rush the wine is delicious and the servers are extremely friendly.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank noelle m
Huntington Beach, CA
“Great Food but very noisy”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

went there with my wife and daughter for dinner the other night and had a fantastic dinner. The only problem is that we were seated in the bar area and we could barely talk to each other due to the noise. the interior is wide open with very little wall decorations and concrete floors throughout. we asked our waiter if it was less noisy in the dining area and he said that it was the same anywhere in the restaurant. We ordered the NY steak with twice baked potatoes and my daughter had the kids burger. The steaks were a perfect portion and prepared exactly they way we requested. The potatoes were out of this world. We also shared the grilled asparagus with crab and bernaise sauce, and it was also very good. My daughter loved her burger and it was a great deal for the price. I can't say enough good things about the food, I just wish the noise level was cut down a little. If I would of been there for drinks and happy hour then I'm sure it would of been a blast, but we wanted to sit there to talk and relax which was not possible. The service was average and the food took a little while to come out but it was well worth the wait.

We will definitely go back and next time we will try to sit in the other room, and I can't wait to try their happy hour, it looks fantastic.

• Visited October 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
“Neighborhood gem!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped in at The Corner restaurant at Adams and Magnolia in Huntington Beach as we had heard good things about it. We were pleasantly surprised. Small, initmate atmosphere, friendly service, and excellent food. The portions are small and accordingly priced, which is a nice alternative to the over-sized portions and huge prices at many reasturants. Wife had Korean BBQ Chicken with cilantro-lime emulsion which was excellent. I had the block cut NY steak (8 oz) with twice baked potato which was cooked perfectly with a whiskey peppercorn sauce. They have a small, but well selected wine list and have a menu of specialty mixed drinks. I had Gramma's Cough Medicine which was pretty strong, but enjoyable. Finished the evening with the Strawberry and Raspbery crumble with vanilla ice cream! Great service, friendly staff, good food, affordably priced. What more can you ask for?

• Visited May 2013