“Not to bad.”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not to bad.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary. Good place to stay if your not expected extravagant. The people who checked us in/out were nice. The do how ever need a new maid, the shower had dirty spots. Other then that it was okay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Horrible staff, stay away, rude and unprofessional. When i quoted lady the hotel room price she asked for how many people, I replied 2, but she didn't believe me and went to look at the car I was driving. Really? I look up the price online and it was cheaper than what they quoted me in person, so I said it's ok I'll just book it online. They say go ahead and try. While I was booking it on smart phone they have increased it online as well. I mean they have changed it right in front of me, like I couldn't see what they were doing.
So I stayed at the hotel next door.
Too bad for them.

Room Tip: at the other hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dmitri85

Travelers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

Cave Creek
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Wow...what a poor excuse for lodging. They, of course, put a hold on our charge card when we checked in for "incidentals". Except there are no "incidentals." No pay channels on the tv, no in-room bar...nothing extra is offered, yet they take the money and hold it. There was a little dish holding a few dubious-appearing candies in our room and I made certain to photograph it upon arrival in the event they claimed we took any of them.
The room was Spartan. The toilet paper was...get this...MADE IN CHINA. That about sums it up here...except for the fact that it is not a short walk to the beach.
The first place you can cross the Pacific Highway is over .35 miles away and another .4 miles to the beach.
The elevator was out of service and the husband-owner had pieces and tools all over the second floor landing and appeared very frustrated, not to mention unfriendly.
His kids offered to help us with our baggage and then asked for FIFTY DOLLARS. Geesh!
This is the THIRD WORST hotel/motel I have ever experienced.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MarcusCaveCreek
Vancouver
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights, was a bit noisy cuz right by the highway but quite clean and well maintained.
There is an elevator, which is nice when you have a big suitcase and your room is on the 3rd floor!
No oceanview! But at least it's only a quick drive to the laundromat or a grocery store, which is always nice for travelers. On another hand it's pretty far from LA.
In general it was pretty ok, you don't expect a 4 stars when you book a motel but it was pretty good and fair, the microwave coffee maker and fridge come really handy too

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here in March for two nights and, after booking, read some reviews which had me worried, but when I arrived I found they didn't match up to my experience.

I paid £72 for two nights. Sure the motel's right on the main Pacific Coast Highway and it was quite noisy and a little walk from the beach, but it was clean, pretty comfortable and the shower was more effective than the one in my $235 a night hotel in Santa Monica had been!

Initially the sound of cars passing (and idiots blaring their horns) disturbed me, but in the end I slept soundly both nights and found the bed very comfortable. I could see the sea from my 3rd floor room, but that was a bonus really.

I found the owners polite and very helpful, contrary to some of the reviews here. Perhaps some reviews reaped what they sowed...

For the price, I thought it a good place to stay (I've certainly paid much more for far worse!) and whilst it isn't luxury it provided comfortable, clean accommodation for my short stay.

If you're on a budget and looking to stay in the area, the Oceanview is a good choice in my experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank snowman40
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This place was horrible, the lady working check in was rude and the parking lot is tiny. There is no view of the ocean, the room was disgusting, it smelled musty and the Walls had chipped paint all over, the mirror looked like someone took a razor blade to it, there is constant loud traffic noise literally all night. Don't plan on getting visitors to your rm because the rude lady will charge you extra, if the room is messy when you leave, they'll charge you extra. Trust me GO SOMEWHERE ELSE probably the worst hotel I have ever been too

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank blah567
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here because it was the least expensive place near the beach. We were told, by the owner, that they are "steps from the beach." In reality they are a half mile walk from the beach. Our room was on the third floor, so we did have a view of the ocean between houses across PCH. That is a very busy road and the noise was pretty loud until very late at night.

Because the address is Huntington Beach, we had difficult finding this place. It is actually on the edge of Huntington Beach and Sunset Beach. There is a long, high wall across the PCH from the Ocean View that eliminates any hope of a view from the ground or second floor. It is this same LONG wall that requires guests to walk blocks to the nearest traffic light, cross the PCH and then walk two blocks to the beach.

There is a lot of deferred maintenance visible at this place. Newspaper stuffed into areas around the railings on the stairs, paint peeling, and the elevator was not working. The male owner was fixing it when we were there. Sure hope he is a licensed elevator repairman. We climbed a lot of stairs during our three day stay.

The room was clean, small, and fairly functional. We found the bed to be comfortable. When we made our reservation on Travelocity, we requested extra pillows. That was not taken care of when we arrived.

The female owner was in the office and she proceeded to lecture us on how life should be lived. Since we are over 50, it was rather offensive. Then her children decided to help us carry our luggage up to the third floor. They took the very light items and we took our heavy suitcases. Each child was given a tip. The owner's youngest child said, "That's all?" We laughed it off, but it was a turn-off. Children will be children, but...still.

When the motel has a good number of guests, there is not enough parking in their parking lot to accommodate all of the guest's vehicles. We had to wait for someone to leave our second night, just so we could park for the night. There were two large commercial vehicles parked in three parking places the entire time we were there. Not sure if they pay the owners to park there, but the guests could use those spots.

They advertise free WIFI. The reality was that you get 15 minutes free. After that you must pay to be a member of the internet provider they use. Good thing we were not on a working vacation. That would have been VERY upsetting. This trip it was just annoying.

Only two bath towels were provided. When we asked for an extra towel, the female owner made a snide remark about it and we had to go down to the first floor to get it.

The soaps were nice. They are all natural and have a great scent. We appreciated that.

Be aware that they have old fashioned in-room air conditioning units. They are loud and added to the racket of the traffic on PCH.

Yes, the room was only $80, compared to the over $120 per night of other places in the area. Will we be staying here again? Definitely not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor so you do have a view of the ocean. But honestly...stay somewhere...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sherri L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington Beach
Travelodge Ocean Front
Travelodge Ocean Front
#9 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suite...
#7 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
Extended Stay America - Orange C...
#12 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Best Western Surf City
Best Western Surf City
#6 of 21 in Huntington Beach
The Pacific Inn
The Pacific Inn
#1 of 3 in Seal Beach

Been to Oceanview Motel? Share your experiences!