“Come on an empty stomach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Slater's 50/50

Slater's 50/50
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Slater’s 50/50® was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater, a San Diego State graduate with a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft beer. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world’s first 50/50 burger – 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef – taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm. In 2011, the second Slater’s 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater’s 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including “Best Burger” by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as Best New Restaurant by San Diego Magazine. Slater’s 50/50 has also been featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel’s Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel’s United States of Bacon.
Buena Park, California
“Come on an empty stomach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Finally had our 1st trip here and even though the place was packed and we had to wait the food was great. I had joked about people using a fork to eat their burgers until mine arrived.
I made my own island burger and enjoyed every bite. We had an order of chicken tenders that didn't arrive until after our burgers and they were great, The sweet potatoe fries with the pumpkin dipping sauce was amazing.
My family enjoyed their beer and the huge selection. I had ice tea which was way to stong. I drink tea everyday but i actually needed to add more water to this.
I thought the price was pretty excessive $ 65.00 for 3 people was to much for what we had. 3 burgers, fries, chicken tenders, tea and 2 beers. i'd have to think twice before doing that again.

• Visited December 2012

Huntington Beach, California
“Great Burgers, lots of TV's and Beer all at a great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Slaters 50/50 is a burger place, sports bar, family gathering restaurant that's worth a try. Slaters offers an eclectic feel good food menu along with a range of craft beers in a casual setting. We had the pastrami sandwich, a 50/50 burger and the World Famous Turkey Burger. All the food was good and it came in a reasonable amount of time. Everyone was cheerful and friendly and they served more food than we could finish. Lot's of TV's with all the games on, so it's not place for a quiet dinner.
The only down side is parking is a bit tough although they offer complimentary valet parking. We went mid week so I don't know how the weekend crowd is, but I'm sure they fill the place.

• Visited November 2012
Huntington Beach, California
“If you love Bacon..........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Ate dinner here with my daughter. This restaurant is famous for using bacon in just about everything they make. Ketchup, salt, food....,,, I ordered the Flaming Hot burger which was VERY hot. My daughter ordered the 50/50 which was a patty containing 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon and a fried egg on top. She actually thought it was pretty good. The burgers are huge so brought half home. Also sampled their French fries, onion rings and fried jalapeño chips. The atmosphere is loud with a bar in the middle and many tv's going with sporting events. Service is very good and place was packed for a Wednesday night. Will eat here again.

“Parking Sucks, Food is Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Parking is a huge issue here. Otherwise a typical noisy bar and burgers restaurant. Food is good, but parking is enough to deter me from going.

Visited May 2012
London
“deep fried jalapenos - gorge!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Slater's 50/50 is a build your own burger joint - much like The Counter (I don't know which one came first!) I prefer the decor here which is more like a sports bar. Similar toppings to The Counter. Loved the rye bread, onions could have been a bit more caramelized for me. But overall a really nice turkey burger - I took half of it home it was so big. The beer battered jalapenos with sour cream were delish! I will be returning.

Visited October 2012