“Awesome Time Surfing With Marcus”
Review of Surfriders Academy

Surfriders Academy
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Huntington Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private surf lesson rate:$120 includes Surfboard, Wetsuit, and a 1.5 hour surf lesson,or group surf lesson rate: 2 or more persons $90 each includes Surfboards, Wetsuits and a 1.5 hour surf lesson. All surf lessons take place at the beach, NOT AT THE 5TH STREET SURF SHOP... Call us for our Locations... Text or email us today to book a surf lesson by appointment only. We would need your Height ,Weight, Gender for wetsuit size. Plus a credit card number to hold to book Reservations.
Reviewed December 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I were planning a trip to go surfing at huntington beach and we wanted a private lesson. I looked up surf instructors and found Marcus with Surf Academy. Marcus was amazing at teaching us how to surf. We both caught on very fast and it's all thanks to Marcus. Next time I am in Huntington I will definitely be giving him a call for another surf lesson.

SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2014

Aloha and Thank you for the review, it was fun teaching you both surfing, you guys did really good! So stoked you came to us, like to see you all again next year! Marcus the surf coach

All reviews
"encouragement"
in 5 reviews
"session"

Reviewed November 22, 2014

This is the second time I've been taught to surf by Ed. Clearly, he did something so well the first time, I actually chose to come back to experience his teaching again. The safety aspect is number one, enjoyment and technical skill learning, numbers two and three. Ed is very encouraging, dedicated, and positive. He makes the experience so wonderful-you will want to come back over and over again!
Midwest Surfgirl

SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2014

Thank for you for having us to teach you how to surf, it was a great pleasure working with you and hope to see you again next year...Ed M.

Reviewed November 11, 2014

Wow! My 7 year old daughter and I both tried surfing for the first time. Ed Morgan was amazing, so encouraging and helpful! We both got up, especially my daughter! In her words.... Best day ever!!! Thank you so much for an experience we will never forget

SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2014

Thank you for the great review, I am very glad both of you came out to do a surf lesson, I was even excited when you girls caught waves...Its nice to see smiles on peoples faces knowing that we shared an Ancient Art of Hawaiian surfing to you...ED M...and ALOHA

Reviewed November 2, 2014

Thank you, Ed, for an awesome lesson! We all (6 of us ages 8 to 47) had such a good time. We realized our dream!

Always a great pleasure, we are stoked to make your dream come TRUE :) Ed M.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2014

My daughter and I spent a morning with Marcus learning how to surf. We had a great time with a great person and teacher. Marcus loves the ocean, surfing and people. My daughter was much better than myself and she got up on the board more times than she fell. Before the end of the lesson Marcus had taught her how to paddle into a wave on her own and ride down the face of a wave. She was incredibly excited. We both had a great time. We received clear and concise positive instruction and I would recommend Surfriders to anyone.

SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2014

An Ocean of thanks from you and your daughter, she pick it up pretty fast and I know you both had fun! Aloha Marcus The Surf Coach see ya in the water!