“Exceeded Expectations”
Review of Surfriders Academy

Surfriders Academy
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Huntington Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private surf lesson rate:$120 includes Surfboard, Wetsuit, and a 1.5 hour surf lesson,or group surf lesson rate: 2 or more persons $90 each includes Surfboards, Wetsuits and a 1.5 hour surf lesson. All surf lessons take place at the beach, NOT AT THE 5TH STREET SURF SHOP... Call us for our Locations... Text or email us today to book a surf lesson by appointment only. We would need your Height ,Weight, Gender for wetsuit size. Plus a credit card number to hold to book Reservations.
Reviewed October 9, 2014

My wife and I were embarrassed to take surfing lessons because we have lived in HB most of our lives and never learned to surf. We decided to take private lessons and were relieved with how friendly Marcus and Ed were. We were both catching waves by the end of our hour and half lesson. We had so much fun and felt safe learning with Ed! He was really encouraging and the whole experience felt like learning with a good friend. Highly recommend if you want to learn to surf!

SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

Hello & many thanks for the cool review :) you and your hubby did well, now you are an official surfer!!! yea...nice meeting you both, take care :) Ed M....

All reviews
"encouragement"
in 5 reviews
"session"

Reviewed September 25, 2014

My husband and I were first time surfers so we decided to take a private lesson. I googled places online and found Surfriders and we're glad I did. We met Eric, and his son Danial, at Seal Beach on Sunday morning and learned to ride the waves. It was a blast. Eric was a great instructor, very patient and had fun out there with us. Thanks for the great experience!!

SurfridersAcademy, Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

Hello Leigh, it was nice meeting you and your husband, had a great fun time teaching you both surfing! you guys did well......Thanks for writing a pleasant review......Mahalo & Aloha to ya both.....Eric G...

Reviewed September 18, 2014

Had an amazing experience with my entire family. Marcus was super patient, really clear on his instructions and overall made the entire experience great! My 18 year old was surfing on his own with 20 minutes and my 16, 14 and 7 year olds were all on their feet within 30 minutes and having the time of their life. Surfriders made the entire experience so memorable that we booked them 2 days later for another session and we all had a blast.

SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

Hey Aaron, wow had such a great time teaching your kids how to surf, I was so proud of your young daughter and how brave she was to go out in the ocean, just to learn how to surf..Amazing! everyone did awesome, hope to see you and family next summer, Marcus the surf coach...................................

Reviewed September 10, 2014 via mobile

We booked our surf lesson today last minute and could not have been more pleased with the results.

After getting good directions to Seal Beach, we met our instructor Ed at the beach. Right away, Ed made us feel right at home in his home town and got right to the instruction. After covering everything from safety to surf etiquette, we then moved to the water. Ed was just as excited about sharing the prospect of surfing to beginners as we were to learning.

After a few practice runs, plus quite a bit of expected falls, my girlfriend and I both were able to stand up for legitimate surfing. Ed went through each fall with us, guiding small changes until we were both able to ride for a few seconds at a time.

We can't recommend Ed and the surf school any higher for personal, effective lessons for any skill level. Learn to surf from Ed!

This is ED your surf instructor LOL it was good times teaching you surfing, we just are speechless Thank You Ed M.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 8, 2014

My buddy and I wanted to learn how to surf as it always look fun! Our instructor was Eric and he did an EXCELLENT job! Safety was their first priority. I guess while we were there, California was experiencing the biggest waves they had seen in 50 years. They called us the night before our lessons to inform us they were moving our lessons to a different beach with calmer waves. The waves were still bigger than they expected the morning of our lessons. Eric did a great job with us though. He taught us how to watch the waves and kept moving us around the beach if we started to drift or the waves got rougher in the given area. The value is great for the service you get. We did a 2 person group lesson. We were the only ones in the group. Other companies have you take lessons with larger groups. We loved that we were able to just do a private group lesson for no additional cost. Next time we go back to the OC, we will definitely be taking another lesson. Oh, and yes, I was able to get up on the board!

1  Thank BeachBumGuy85

Hey its Eric, so stoked you guys were surfing! yea gotta come out again when your here again, Thanks for the awesome review, Eric G.