“Such a great time!”
Review of Surfriders Academy

Surfriders Academy
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Huntington Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private surf lesson rate:$120 includes Surfboard, Wetsuit, and a 1.5 hour surf lesson,or group surf lesson rate: 2 or more persons $90 each includes Surfboards, Wetsuits and a 1.5 hour surf lesson. All surf lessons take place at the beach, NOT AT THE 5TH STREET SURF SHOP... Call us for our Locations... Text or email us today to book a surf lesson by appointment only. We would need your Height ,Weight, Gender for wetsuit size. Plus a credit card number to hold to book Reservations.
Reviewed September 7, 2014

I booked Surfriders after reading the positive reviews on trip advisor. Dealing with Marcus was easy. He calls/texts back, follows up, etc... I even had to make a night-before change in plans and he handled it without a snag. Pure professional.

Our lesson was with Ed Morgan. Ed was just the best. He heard from Marcus that my son was coming and had never surfed before so he chose a beach that had smaller waves to make sure he'd have a good time. He started out giving us equal instruction time and then gave me enough to go out further and on my own a bit. He spent the majority of the time making sure my son surfed some waves and had a good time. It was fantastic seeing how good Ed was with him.

I can't imagine a better instructor than Ed! I've read lots of good things about Marcus, but one of the best things Marcus has done is work with Ed!

Thanks Surfriders from both myself and my 9 year old son!

1  Thank William S
SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

So overwhelmed with the nice review! as they say in Hawaiian mahalo :) look us up next summer and it was great meeting you all Thanks Ed...

All reviews
"encouragement"
in 5 reviews
"session"

Reviewed September 6, 2014

I have surfed a little in the past (in Texas, so take that as you will) but never had an official lesson so my bridesmaids took me to Huntington Beach for my bachelorette party! We were a bit nervous but Ed did a great job educating us on surf safety, pop up positions, and what to expect. He brought wetsuits that fit us perfectly (yay!) and two different types of boards (I love the Greco!). Out on the water, Ed was the picture of PATIENCE! We had a group of 4 so that's a lot of girls to babysit but Ed paid attention to each of us and made sure we had PLENTY of opportunities to catch waves. For beginners, Ed teaches you to ID the waves and assists in giving you a little push to make sure you've got the necessary momentum. After each wave, we'd get immediate feedback - comments about what we could focus on for the next wave and, of course, a lot of CHEERING us on!! I felt like such a ROCKSTAR every time I caught a wave because I'd look back and see my girls and Ed hooting and hollering and fist-pumping :D One of my bridesmaids is a mother and she wants to fly her kids to HB just to have Ed teach them - no one else would do. I wholeheartedly agree :) Thanks again for an unforgettable bachelorette surf experience, Ed!!

1  Thank Tiffani T

Well hello Tiffani..just a blast teaching you wonderful girls to surf :) I really stoked you all had fun! Thank you for a great review. ED...

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We vacation at Huntington Beach every few years. Two years ago, our boys had a surf lesson with Ed from Surfriders Academy. He was awesome and they learned so much. So since we were going to be coming to HB again, my husband was sure to look Ed up again so we could schedule another lesson. Ed is a fantastic teacher! He is kind and patient and explains things in a way you can understand. He paints the goal and the big picture but pays attention to detail and personalizes the steps you need to take to get there. He goes out of his way to get you to the right beach based on your skill level and the surf and he even helped us park. You won't find a kinder man in this town. If you are looking for a good day on the waves and someone who will individualize your lesson and take time with you, this is the place to call!
We will definitely be back!!!

Thank you for the kind review, its a very rewarding job we have teaching surfing and speading the Aloha...Ed...

Reviewed August 30, 2014

Our kids had the best time surfing this year again with surfriders academy !!!!!!
They are truly the best in the area.
Our surf instructor Ed is always so nice, patient and very gifted to teach children. In no time our kids were standing up on the boards and hitting the waves .
We like this school for the wonderful spirit ( helping kids in needs and teaching them how to surf) and for the very pro attitude they show.
They surf boards are really good and the beach where they leanr & surf very quiet and beautiful!
Give it a try you will never be dissapointed!

This surf lesson was fun for the kids! thank you for coming out to us we really enjoyed teaching the kids to surf always a pleasure...Aloha Ed

See more reviews
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We (father and 18 year old daughter) had a surf lesson with Ed in July. We had a great lesson and learned a huge amount. The teaching was tailored to our experience levels and Ed was great fun, knowledgeable and very patient. He was really motivational and gave us both great tips and advice. My daughter has had several surf lessons both in the UK and the USA and she felt this was the best lesson she has had as Ed taught her about wave formation and how to read the waves as well as how to surf them. We both caught plenty of waves and had a fun time. We would highly recommend Ed and Surfriders Academy and will definitely be back again.

SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Hello Jules, we love our job! so teaching surfing to everyone of all ages is fun for us, even with the youth more so, they have so much energy, your daughter did so well I was proud of her, now she is ready for Waikiki. Hope you have a great summer! Ed M. The surfing Professor