“Really fun”
Review of Surfriders Academy

Surfriders Academy
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Huntington Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private surf lesson rate:$120 includes Surfboard, Wetsuit, and a 1.5 hour surf lesson,or group surf lesson rate: 2 or more persons $90 each includes Surfboards, Wetsuits and a 1.5 hour surf lesson. All surf lessons take place at the beach, NOT AT THE 5TH STREET SURF SHOP... Call us for our Locations... Text or email us today to book a surf lesson by appointment only. We would need your Height ,Weight, Gender for wetsuit size. Plus a credit card number to hold to book Reservations.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Our instructor Ed was a really nice and funny guy who was also a great teacher. I never thought surfing would be so fun.

SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Aloha Liam, Glad your were having fun surfing with us, We love our job and want to share it with everyone! Hope to see you all next summer here in Surf City :) Ed M.

All reviews
"encouragement"
in 5 reviews
"session"

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I tried surfing for the first time about a month ago in Hawaii. My travels brought me to Huntington Beach and I thought I'd try another lesson. I did a little research and the reviews for Surfriders all said the same thing: the instructors were good, people had fun, and safety was a priority. I booked a private Lesson with Ed. After a safety brief we headed out to the water. Ed did a great job gauging my skill level and tailoring the lesson to help me improve. He was encouraging, and his feedback was always on point. I had a great time, and will definitely book another lesson the next time I am in the area.

Hello Joe, I am really stoked it went well with you in the water, you listen really good and were able to surf right away. We appreciate your nice review .Have a great summer...Ed M.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My fifteen year old son experienced his first surfing lessons with Surfrider academy. We met up with Eric and he is such a nice and friendly person! He made my son feel very comfortable and it was all about having fun and enjoying the waves. All the time they were out in the ocean I was assured that Eric took safety very serious. My son had a great time, the smile on his face was worth a million! Thanks so much for this unforgettable experience!

SurfridersAcademy, Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Hello there, just can not thank you enough for the kind review, you son had a blast, I can see ear to ear smile on his face, and just having fun, that's what makes my job worth showing for, to see people enjoying the ocean and the sport of surfing, it is all about Aloha. Eric G.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

After a 36 year break from surfing, I decided to get back on a board. I researched the surf schools in Huntington Beach and Surfriders Academy was always at the top. Reading the reviews there was a consistent theme; people were safe, they were having fun and learning to surf! So I booked a 1.5 hour private session with Ed V. Morgan this morning. By the end of the session I was up riding waves! Ed has given me an excellent foundation to build on and did a outstanding job. If you want to learn to surf, this is the place to go! I will definitely recommend the Surfriders Academy, Jeff

SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Hello Jeff, firstly a huge thank you for the nice review, and I know what it feels like to take a break away from surfing, but its sure great to jump into the ocean again, its called being stoked, glad to help you out. Aloha my friend, Ed :)

See more reviews
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great time with Eric on a beautiful day, warm water and respectable waves. Private lesson for two. Everything provided with excellent instruction making the most of a late morning adventure for two novices in the Huntington Beach surf. With a little encouragement (and a lot more practice on our part) Eric would have taken us next to the Wedge, Mavericks, or...Tahiti. Highly recommend.
Perry

1  Thank pww3

Hey there Perry, great job surfing! we always strive for excellence and you did very well, thank you for the cool review. Eric G.